▎ four

"Mom? Where exactly did you put it." I asked, opening different cabinets from time to time.

She replied, "It's in the right drawer."

I nodded my head while listening to her instructions.

"So, I'll just leave it to the reception area?"

I'm currently in my parent's room right now. I've been trying to look for the said folder but I am not finding anything. And I'm starting to think if this folder even exists.

"Mom? Is it a white folder with a bunch of papers clasped together?"

"Yup, that's it. Can you please open it." my mom laughed

"Why do I need to-"

"To check a few stuff and hmm-" She laughed nervously "Just open it"

"Okay," I shrug and did what I was told.

Once I opened the folder, the first thing I noticed was an envelope wrapped in an expensive red velvet-colored silk with a golden string to keep it close.

"What is this?"

"Surprise!" She yelled on the other line

"Open it" she giggled from the other line. "I still need the papers so kindly bring it over"

Once we ended the call I carefully opened the red velvet envelope. Inside it was a letter carved in golden font.

≿----- ❈ -----≾

You are invited to a black and white ball, chosen personally by the birthday celebrant

We formally invite the Park Family for the birthday celebration of Nakamoto Momoka to be held in Signiel Seoul Hotel.

We are humbly asking for your presence.

Please be there!

≿----- ❈ -----≾

I was quite surprised Yuta had given me an invitation. But for the record, it must not have been him who sent it. Our parents always host parties because it's a great opportunity to talk about business. So better not get delusional.

I fished out my wallet and got out of the door.

"Hi, Ms. Eunsol" The middle-aged gardener greets me and I waved my hands

"I wish I knew how to take care of plants. Sadly, I got the trait of killing plants from my mom" I stood next to her to give her shade from the three clock(pm) sun.

She chuckled "that's why you need me"

"Thanks for taking care of the garden" I smiled at her and waved her goodbye.

I was about to go out the massive gate when one of the security guards caught my attention

"Where's Mr. Shin, Ms. Eunsol?"

I looked at him "I'm planning to ride the bus"

"I'll just drive you there. Where are you off to?" He politely asked and I waved my hands to decline

"It's cool, I want to go there by myself and maybe interact with the few people"

"Just be safe Ms. Eunsol" He smiled, going back to his area.

•••••

The bus is totally packed. I feel like I'm being packaged on a sardines can. I can't even talk or move around freely.

Way to go for interaction.

The bus is brimmed with chitchats and cries from a few children present. I'm gripping tightly on the handle, making sure not to fall and embarrass myself every time the bus turned right or left because I just couldn't sit when an elder woman needed it more than I do.

At least she gets to sit comfortably in this long ride.

"This is the last stop!" The driver informed.

Once the bus turned to a stop, we all headed out of the vehicle.

"Thank you for your service!" I chimed to the driver and he gladly returned it with a smile.

•••••

By the time I got to my parent's company, it was already 4 pm.

This makes me wonder why they had to choose a location so far from our house.

With this traffic, it would take one hour. But with luck with me, thankfully it only took me thirty minutes.

My mom told me to leave the folder with the receptionist. But, it's very boring in the house. I'm just gonna visit her.

I walked to the entrance and greeted the guard.

"Oh, hello Ms. Eunsol. Here to see your mom?" He asked and I nodded

"I'm dropping something. But I'll surprise her" I smiled.

I was almost near the elevator when I spotted two familiar figures going to the exit.

It's my mom and Mr. Kim laughing as they walked.

I ran up to them just in time before they got out of the building.

"Hello Mr. Kim" I bowed politely to Doyoung's father and he acknowledged my presence with a smile.

"Hello Eunsol, its been a while since I last saw you." He said, "You never visit us in the house anymore."

I scratched my head "Uhh, I've been practicing in my studio and I have private classes"

"You look very different from the last time I saw you. Its truly been a long time" We all agreed "I'm sure my wife will love to eat dinner with your family again. We shall have dinner this week" Mr. Kim suggested

"Oh yes! That would be great! Let's all clear our schedule this Saturday. " My mom squealed, clapping her hands.

"Okay, that would be nice" I vocalize with them.

"Unfortunately, I have to go. I still have a meeting" Mr. Kim said, looking at his watch.

"Okay Mr. Kim, see you this Saturday" Mom waved her hands at Doyoung's father.

Me and my mom walked to the elevator and once we both got to her office and opened the door. I immediately flopped in her black-colored couch

"I'm tired," I said, burying myself

"Oh, and you don't have to worry about your gown for the ball" I frowned, confused about what my mom is saying.

My eyes lit up "Oh, the ball? I totally forgot"

"Aigoo... My daughter is a senior now. You're going to back to school in a week right? " She faced me with a proud smile and I nod.

She walks to the table, bringing with her a few delicious food that, unfortunately...I can't eat.

"last year before you go to college. Wow, time fly so fast!"

I took a granola bar from my pocket and my mom looked at me as if saying "I brought all this, and you're eating that?

I shrugged "What? It's my diet"

I took a bite on my blueberry flavored granola bar. Tasting all its flavors and all its textures.

I know nothing connects a granola bar to the party. But eating it formulated a plan in mind.

And a blurry smirk crawled to my lips

"I'm giving the celebrant a very unique gift."

Thanks for reading🌼