▎ twenty-nine

"Noona, what are you planning to do on your birthday?" Mark who's across me asked, chewing almonds from a container on his lap.

I shrugged, avoiding everyone's gaze.
"I don't feel like celebrating."

I derived my attention to the window. The voices of different students mixed together made me a little dizzy.

Mr. Shin, my driver urgently asked for a leave for a personal reason. I'm gonna have to take the school carpool until he comes back. I'm not complaining though. It's nice to have my friends all in one place. Especially the ones who doesn't belong in my class.

"What the? Noona, a birthday only happen once a year." Haechan protested.

Mark nodded his head, not noticing Haechan's hand who sneeked into his almond jar, he raised his index finger against his lips to stop me from saying anything.

Mark's lips formed an oh, once seeing Haechan's stuffed mouth. "Haechan, my-"

"Anyways..." Haechan clapped his hands together as if he was about to pray.

"how about a pool party?" Haechan grinned.

I pursed my lips, rubbing my chin. I don't like it.

"Sorry Haechan and Mark. I don't think I'll celebrate this year."

They both pouted, nodding their head and diving into their own conversation.

I sighed, placing my hands inside my pocket.

Since today is Monday. My birthday is approximately four days away. I hope mother or any of my friends don't plan anything.

"We understand you, noona" The two young boys said in sync, disturbing me from my thoughts.

I recognize that smirk but I decided to ignore it for now.

"Thanks, you two." I raised my hands and ruffled their hairs, earning a cute chuckle from Mark and Haechan.

The van finally came to a stop. The engine died down and it was time to get out. One by one, students jumped out of the vehicle. I walked out next, followed by the duo.

I adjusted my backpack straps and heard them laugh behind me. I couldn't hear what they were talking about but I'm sure I heard...

You piece of shit.

~

"So, I heard its your birthday this Friday." Taeyong cleared his throat, shifting uncomfortably across me.

Its currently lunch time and everyone is busy, minding their own business that is until Taeyong walked to our direction.

Hari, Seon Mi and the rest who usually sits in our table didn't seem so shock and just continued eating. Although they would silently fangirl over how hot Taeyong is and squeal over the fact that he chose to seat in our table. Like I once said, he have quite the reputation for always ignoring girls. So far, that was the only reaction they had.

But Haechan, Jungwoo, Taeil, Mark and Winwin pretended like they don't find this interesting. Except, they would lowkey glance at Taeyong to see if he accidentally got an amnesia and suddenly forgot how to be mean to me.

I instantly met his eyes and choked, "Uh, yes. Y-yes it is."

Lee Taeyong is suppose to be sitting with Yuta, Johnny, Doyoung. But he's here with us, with me.

Jungwoo leaned towards Mark, "Do you find Taeyong odd?"

Mark nodded, biting his lips, "Yeah, hyung is..."

Taeyong can easily hear them from his seat. Apparently, their so called whispering is as loud as chenle's scream. Chenle is Winwin's friend from Shanghai. I met him once and he's very cheerful and cute. He just came to visit so he had to go back to China.

Taeyong glared at Mark and Jungwoo, grabbing his tray and standing up from his seat.

I looked at him. He always have this poker face on. But still, it made me question myself if I did something right for Taeyong. Is he finally gonna befriend me?

"Hey." Taeyong snapped his fingers two times and he got my attention on the first.

"Yes?" I chimed.

He raked his hair, looking at me before hesitantly saying, "Advance happy birthday, Eunsol."

He stepped away from our table and went to god knows where.

Haechan released cat like howls and the others shortly clapped.

"What? what's happening?" Hari asked.

Seon Mi decided to go along and clap too, "Wait, why are we celebrating?"

I chuckled at their cuteness.

That's literally the only good word Taeyong have ever said to me. I can't believe he spat out four words that doesn't come out as an insult. That's a start, right?

Surely, its a sign for friendship.

-

In exchange for this very short chapter. Here's a dose of my love.
Stay safe.

Thanks for reading🍁

Thanks for reading🍁