▎ten

Me and Doyoung walked next to each other with comfortable silence lingering between us. The two of us just enjoying the beautiful and joyful morning atmosphere of the street.

No words need to be spoken because we were slowly talking with our lips closed and eyes wide open. There's no need to say how wonderful the little kids played in the grass with their parents, how the smell of street food travels the air, and how we are both looking at the view with full satisfaction. We are simply talking with our eyes.

"Do you see how nice this is?" Doyoung breaks the silence first and I nod.

"It makes me want to be a kid again" We both sat in a bench across an area where preschoolers are happily playing in their free time.

"I never knew I'd say this but, skipping class to see this.." I smiled "is worth it"

"I think we should stop being friends" Doyoung suddenly said and I turned to him with a frown

"What do you mean?"

"Are you still the Eunsol I know?" He said and I laughed, thinking it was something serious

"No I'm not, and its all your fault."

"If you didn't skip classes then I wouldn't be enticed with the idea too" I smiled at him.

"I should have known this would happen. Your mom is literally gonna give me a scolding" He laughed but his face dropped immediately.

"I mean I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Its fine Doyoung." I sighed, avoiding his gaze.

"H-how are you holding up?"

I turned to him "You are the nth person who asked me the same question today"

"And I am grateful to all of you" I whispered.

"I am doing good. I'm planning on visiting my mom to her company"

"she'll probably be there right?"

I glanced at Doyoung with expectation and he nodded.

It only took me one look at Doyoung and like magic, all our childhood memory flashed through my mind like a warm summer breeze passing through an equatorial woodland.

One memory, in particular, had my heart beating so fast.

It's wonderful how memory can affect a person even on the smallest detail and simplest things.