▎ thirty-six

"This is the last stop!" The bus driver shouted, taking his cap off. Thankful that his job has finally ended for the day.

Everyone started walking towards the exit. All except Eunsol. 

Her eyes were tightly shut and she hadn't been moving since she sat on her seat. The poor girl cried so much that she ended up passing out.

A tall man hesitantly hovered behind her and stared at the sleeping girl's figure. He'd been looking at her for a good amount of time ever since Eunsol came inside the vehicle.

"Are you asleep?" He asked, giving her some uneasy glances.

At this moment, they were the only one inside the bus, minus the driver who was asking when they were planning to leave.

The man licked his lips and raked his brown hair. "What should I do with you?"

He touched her shoulder and somehow felt that her temperature was higher than normal.

The young man subconsciously looked around and softly threw Eunsol's arm around his neck. He successfully carried the girl on his back without being labeled as a kidnapper. That's the least thing he wanted when all he wanted to do was help.

Clearly, Eunsol doesn't have any power to go home by herself with this state. 

The brown-haired man took his phone from the pocket of his cheap and worn-out jeans and messaged a certain someone. He called out a cab and immediately slid inside with Eunsol in his arms.

"Good evening." the taxi driver greeted from the mirror.

The young man sat there for a few seconds, gazing at Eunsol's mesmerizing face. "A beautiful evening indeed." he smirked.

The driver looked at him weirdly as he drove off to the address given to him.

"I don't mean to pry but is that girl your girlfriend?" The driver asked, pointing at the girl's unconscious body.

Upon driving for a few minutes, the driver noticed how the man was needily touching Eunsol's thigh and caressing her hair. He didn't want to stick his nose on anyone's business but the girl was asleep for goodness sake!

"Are you stealing glances on my girl?" The young man asked softly.

The driver shook his head. "No, of course not." 

He gulped and decided to silenced himself. 

The drive was going well until a bumping noise occurred and the taxi had stopped.

The young man panickly looked at Eunsol for any signs of waking up and looked at the driver. "What the fuck is going on?"

The driver didn't reply but instead, he went outside and glanced at his vehicle. "The tires are flat."

The man annoyingly opened the door and walked to the tires. "Are you kidding me?! That had to happen now?"

The driver shrugged. "Sorry, I can't  do anything about that. "

The tall man chuckled irritatingly. "I don't give a fuck about what you say. Just fix the damn tires!"

What annoyed him even more was the fact that the driver didn't seem to care about his outburst. 

"In order to do that, you're gonna have to wait for a few minutes." 

The man didn't shout but his glare was enough to scare the driver. "Finally, something smart came out of that mouth." The young man said.

The driver was internally relieved that the man went inside to accompany his so-called girlfriend. That's more than enough time for the police to get here. 

Call him stupid but the driver would never believe that this young girl who's probably 19 years old would be out here at night, not to mention, unconscious with a man who can't resist touching her.

"You know what? I'll just leave." The young man appeared in front of the driver.

Well, the man wasn't that stupid to not know the driver's plan either.

"My house is near anyway." 

"Here's your fucking payment, asshole." The man held up the money and slapped it on the driver's face.

"Well shit. I don't feel very satisfied with your service today. Guess I'll just keep the damn money. " The man smirked and was about go get Eunsol when a hand harshly grabbed his wrist.

"Where do you think you're going after disrespecting a man just like that, huh?" he said. Although he was smaller, it didn't stop him from approaching the man.

The driver watched the scene unfold in front of him. The new stranger held the man's collar against the cold metal of the taxi. "No, you don't." he whispered. 

"And before I punch your already scruffy face. Give me Eunsol and get the fuck out of here."

The man quickly pushed the mysterious boy away and scoffed. "Mind your own business before you get into trouble."

The tall perverted man was slightly stunned from how strong the other man was despite their height difference.

"Do you wanna leave or do you want to get a trip to the jail first?" The mysterious boy tilted his head to get a better view of the girl inside. It really is her.

The man stepped in front of the boy to block his view and smiled.

"You want her too?" The man whispered and wiggled his eyebrows.  "Here's a deal. We can share her only if you promise to-"

The man couldn't finish his sentence when the nameless boy punched him so hard in the face that it seemed like his head was about to leave his body. 

The man stood up, spatting out his saliva and touching his jaw, "What the fuck?!"

The smaller man immediately pinned him to the ground and was about to throw yet another painful punch, until he didn't. "Look, I hope you learned your lesson. The way you acted today is bad as fuck. I may be a bad guy too but man, live a good life."

The mysterious man patted his expensive jeans and offered his hand to the man on the ground.

The man realized that the fight was a good distraction as soon as a police car pulled over.

"Shit." He laid in the ground. He didn't protest no more and waited for the cops to arrive to him. He didn't run away. He had more than one record in the police station and there isn't a chance of sprinting away.

"You're a good fighter." ,was his last sentence before coming inside the police car.

Another officer walked towards the driver to ask a few questions and another one for the mysterious boy. There were three officers in total who responded from the call.

The driver testified the scenes he had witnessed and soon it was all back in place. Except for one tiny detail.

"Young man, what's your name?"

The boy glanced at Eunsol and back at the police officer. "Nakamoto Yuta."

thanks for reading🍁