▎ forty-three

1.9K, thank you so much! 

-

"Where does Taeyong keep going?" Doyoung asked, irritated. 

As if everyone just noticed, they looked around the cafeteria. Mark and Haechan also looked around to help but none of us caught glimpse of Taeyong's figure.

"I saw him rush out of the room right before lunch," Johnny stated. Taeil also agreed with Johnny. He said that Taeyong looked problematic on his way out.

Doyoung rolled his eyes. He was thinking that maybe Taeyong only went to the rooftop to be alone. But deep inside, I knew he was worried about Taeyong's unusual disappearance. 

Doyoung sighed, "We were supposed to do our project today." he whispered.

"I'm sure he's fine." Yuta deadpanned. 

I placed my food tray to the side. 

Doyoung gave me a what-was-that-look, "You're full after eating two spoons?"

As I was about to reply, Han Byul walked towards us and sat next to Doyoung. They greeted each other with a peck on the cheeks. Everyone in the cafeteria immediately giggled at the couple's interaction. Some even snapped a quick photo. It happens a lot. Especially if you're the girlfriend of a singer prodigy, Kim Doyoung. 

"You're both okay now?" Jungwoo stated. He referred to Doyoung and me. I looked at my best friend and nodded. They must've noticed that it's been a while since Doyoung and I sat at the same table. Jungwoo smiled as he sat next to me, separating me from Doyoung.

 I glanced at Winwin and saw him look at me before quickly glancing away.

"So," Haechan touched his chin, "I think Taeyong-hyung likes someone."

Mark moved his arms and casually placed it on Haechan's lap, "Why do you think that?"

"B-because-" 

Johnny's scream interrupted the younger's sentence. Jungwoo also looked at Johnny and smirked when Haechan was blushing. 

"Mark's touch gets Haechan wild." Doyoung joked. He was obviously happy that Haechan couldn't think of a better reply since the younger was embarrassed. 

Mark shrugged, "What kind of girl would Taeyong-hyung like anyway?"

Everyone at our table stopped talking. We slowly realized that Mark was right.

"Taeyong hates relationships," Winwin assured.

"He can't stand girls." 

Han Byul being a new student, she was curious. "What do you mean?"

"Han Byul," Taeil smirked and clapped his hands, "For starters, Lee Taeyong is a boy who avoids all types of attention,"

Han Byul leaned closer, interested to what Taeil was about to say. "Yeah?" She licked her lips.

Taeil raised his palms and smacked them together, "That's it." He shrugged.

Just in time, the bell rang. It's time for class. 

The boys started to take off. Some of them still have somewhere to go to, leaving me with Han Byul. 

"Hi," I awkwardly waved my hand.

Han Byul rubbed her nape and scooted closer to me. "So, I still have a lot to know about Doyoung's friends." 

Silence.

I nodded, "Y-yeah."

Another minute of silence surrounded us. How do I break the ice between us? Is it even possible? 

"I should go." Han Byul pointed her thumb towards the exit and smiled.

She almost walked out but I rested my hand on her wrist. She spun around, wondering why I made her stop.

I let go of her arm, unconsciously rubbing my neck. "Uh..." I gulped.

"Can I ask for a favour?"

 -

I stretched my arms and yawned. I opened my locker, grabbing all the textbooks I needed and placing the other things back. 

A flashlight was pointed towards me and the school janitor smiled, "It's late Eunsol. You should go home," 

Being the vice-president of the school have some pros and cons to it. Yes, it's exhausting and it requires a lot of time. But I have the access to the rooms, this includes the faculty room, and basically everything. I can stay in the library till ten if I choose to. The president, however, won't even use his keys at night. He admitted that there are ghosts that roam the halls.

I bowed politely at her, "I will leave soon."

After having a quick conversation, she left and I bid her goodbye. 

I grabbed the keys from my pocket and was about to leave when I heard a sound.

"shit," A deep and husky voice whispered. It was followed by a continuous banging of the wooden wall.

I hesitantly walked to the source of sounds. 

"W-who's there?" I gulped. 

For a minute, the sounds stop. I sighed in relief and clutched my heart. 

I whispered, "I thought it was a ghost-"

But here goes the sound again. 

I glared at the door. I debated whether to open it or not. In the end, my hand grabbed the doorknob and slammed it open.

"ALRIGHT, YOU FREAKING GHOST. SHOW YOUR-"

Who would've thought that this was such a bad idea? 

Thanks for reading🍁