Three Letter Word

Ashton's POV

Warning: mature content at the end. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. The integrity of the story will be the same if you don't.

We were going home tonight. I would get to see Hannah tonight.

Tonight was the night I would get to see the girl I love.

Tonight I would tell her.

***********

The guys and I were packing up our things in the hotel room when an attendant came to the room.

"Excuse me? I'm looking for a... Luke Hemmings?" he asked.

"Um, that's me," Luke said waving a hand.

"Oh, this package is for you," he said handing a box to Luke.

"Oh, thanks..," Luke said hesitantly.

"No trouble, sir," he said leaving the room.

"Who's it from, mate?" I ask cocking my head to the side.

"Um...," he said looking down at the package.

"Brit, actually," he said laughing.

She had just left. How could she have gotten it here so fast? She probably had left it at the desk.

"Well? What's in it?" Cal asks probably more curious than Luke.

"I don't know. Hold on," he says ripping open the box.

Inside was a wrapped bundle and two envelopes. One said, open alone and the other had his name on it.

He opens the one with his name on it first putting the other two aside.

He opens the letter and reads it.

Something in that letter made him tear up.

"Are you okay, mate?" I ask.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. I just love her so damn much. She's all I could ever want," he confesses.

"Okay, I don't need you talking about my sister like that," Michael says.

Luke rolls his eyes and turns to the bundle.

He unwraps it and reveals a stuffed penguin.

He squeals like a little girl and hugs it tight. He has this weird obsession with penguins. I don't get it, but whatever makes the weirdo happy.

*************

We're getting on the plane. I'm getting closer to the girl I love. Steps closer to confessing my heart.

I sit down in my seat. I look out the window and say good bye to the dreariness that was London. I would be glad to be back in Australia.

The plane begins to take off, and I begin to relax. My eyes getting heavier and heavier....

***********

"Hannah, I love you. More than anyone I ever thought I could," I say holding her hands in mine.

She stares at me blankly. Her eyes unmoving, unseeing.

"Hannah, can't you say something?" I ask laughing nervously.

She still sits there and ignores me. I remove my hands from hers and shake her slightly before she answers.

"How could I ever love someone like you? I will never love you."

************

I'm jolted awake. There is sweat beading on my forehead. That dream couldn't be what's going to happen tonight, is it?