Sentiments and Sarcasm

Luke's POV

Tomorrow is the day. Britain is going to take us to the airport in the morning and we were leaving her alone. It was ten times harder leaving her now than before because of her telling me about her eating disorder. I don't understand how she didn't realize how beautiful she really was. I loved her so much, and I was going to show her that.

That's one of the reasons I was at my desk at my house instead of cuddling with her. Most of the time girls did this for guys, but I felt the need for her to know that I was always with her. I was writing her open when letters, probably about twenty different topics in all. I included cute ones that would make her laugh and serious ones that showed how I truly felt. I started out with funny ones.

Open When: Mother Nature visits you.
Babe, at least this means you aren't pregnant, which you shouldn't be because we have yet to do anything. I wish I was there to rub your belly and cuddle with you and eat chocolate and watch cheesy romantic comedies. Even though we're kinda cheesy. I love you and remember that this only lasts a week. I love you Brit Brit. xx Lukey

Open When: You're feeling Nerdy.
I love your dorkiness. You are my short nerd and I love you for it. Go read a book, I know how much you love it. Well, technically, you are reading because you are reading this. You are so adorable when you're reading your favorite part of a book. Embrace your nerdiness. It's one of the things I love the most about you. xx Lukey

Topics ranged from those to when you're feeling insecure. I even wrote some that might never happen. I had hope, though. I prayed that I would be included in Brit's future, even if it only meant as a friend. I wanted her to know that no matter what happened, I would always be there for her. To be completely honest, I even shed a few tears while writing a few.

I tried to make them look nice and pretty, but I'm a guy so that was kind of hard. I was able to make them look somewhat put together and I put the "Open When: You First Receive These Letters" one on top. I stuck them I one of my suitcases, planning on leaving them on Brit's desk before we leave tomorrow. Luckily, I was spending the night with Britain (my parents nor Mikey didn't care) and it would be easier to plant the letters. I grabbed my bags and headed down my stairs to say goodbye to my parents.
*********************
Saying goodbye to my parents was hard. I had never been away from them for more than a week, so being that far away for two weeks was going to be difficult. I drove to Brit's house, wanting to be able to spend as much time with her as possible. I arrived and she opened the door immediately, Kristoff chasing her heels. I drew her in as soon as possible, burying my head in the crook of her neck.

"Baby, I missed you so much," I whispered into her warm shoulder. She had on a pair of nylon shorts and an old school sweatshirt, and as always, barefoot.

"Lukey, you've been gone for less than twelve hours!" she replied, pulling away and giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"I know, but being away from you for just a little while kills me, Britain," I said back, picking Kristoff up from the ground and wrapping my other arm around her waist. He liked me, but he loved Brit almost as much as I loved her.

"So, what do you want to do today, since you have to leave tomorrow?" she asked, her voice cracking near the end.

"Babe, I don't want to talk about it all today. Let's just go about as if this is another day where we're counting down to Christmas," I suggested, trying to change the topic.

She brightened at the mention of Christmas. Even with her hair in a messy ponytail and pajamas on, she was the most gorgeous thing I've ever laid my eyes on. "Luke! Let's watch Elf and just cuddle," she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the basement. I laughed and followed her, knowing that was one of her favorite Christmas movies and that she just loved Christmas in general. Seeing her this ecstatic made me fall even more in love with her, if that was even possible.