Love is an Open Door

Brit's POV

As soon as I got home from shopping with Hannah, I went to bed. I loved her, don't get me wrong, but knowing your two best friends were kinda dating and they didn't even tell you was emotionally draining. My dreams consisted of blonde hair and crystalline blue eyes. I was brutally taken from my wonderland by a weight on me.

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty!" Michael screamed in my ear. I tried to shove him off, but it didn't work.

"Okay okay. But why are you waking me up so early?" I asked groggily, him finally rolling off of me.

Michael smiled. "I want to hang out with my wonderful baby sister!" he said, way too brightly for nine in the morning.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Give me an hour to get ready."

He nodded and left my room. I grabbed my phone and went to my bathroom. I turned on my 5SOS playlist and jumped in the shower. I quickly cleaned myself and dried off, deciding to straighten my hair. I grab a pink crop top that says "You Go Glen Coco" and a pair of cropped jeans. I put on a pair of black sandals and headed to my brother's car. He was already in the driver's side. I slide into the passenger seat, fastening my seatbelt.

"What do you have planned for today, big brother?" I asked, trying to figure out why, out of all days, Mikey wants to hang out with me.

"I don't know. I figured we could go get frozen yogurt and just hang. Go to the bookstore, stuff like that. Whatever you want," he said, rambling. I roll my eyes and grin.

"Let's go to the bookstore first," I replied, and he zipped out of the driveway. I decide to text Luke since I was supposed to hang out with him today.

To Lukey:
Hey. Mikey wants to hang out with me today so I can't see you until tomorrow. I miss you.

From Lukey:
I miss you too babe. I'll call you later.

My heart expands. Even just thinking of him makes me happy. We arrive at the bookstore, where I spend about two hours. I finally decide on three books, and Mikey even pays for it.

Michael keeps me going to around six. We get frozen yogurt and go see The Fault in Our Stars at the movie theatre that plays movies that are out of the normal theatre but not on dvd yet.

"Let's go home," he said as we walk out of the yogurt shop.

"Okay," I replied as I get into the car.

As we ride back in silence, I think about how much I miss Luke. Hopefully he'll call me when I get home. I miss his voice and his smile and his scent and just him.

"That was really fun today, Mikey. We should do it more often," I told him, actually being honest.

He nodded, smiling, and lead us back into our home. I noticed lights coming in from the backyard, but I just shook it off as the people who live behind us have bonfires quite a bit.

I walk up the stairs to my room, and I notice something different as soon as I step inside. There are three things on my bed, which I made before I left. I slowly walk over, and see a simple black dress, and pair of silver sandals, and a note.

Babe, pay attention to your window. xx, Lukey

Confused, I changed into the dress and sandals, knowing there was probably a reason for this. I sat on my bed, looking out my window. The lights were actually not coming from the neighbors. They were coming from my backyard. Guessing, there was probably over two thousand tea candles in my backyard, spelling out I love you. I sucked in a tight breath, my heart beating faster, and tears welling behind my eyes. Lanterns that resembled the ones from Tangled also were hanging throughout the backyard. The mixture of the two illuminations were gorgeous.