Hella Good Hair

Luke's POV

I stood in Michael and Britain's backyard, waiting for the beautiful birthday girl to come outside. My dreams had finally come true today. The girl that I had loved forever actually held the same affections for me as I did her. She actually enjoyed spending time with me, and every minute with her was like a breath of fresh air. Every time I was with her, I breathed her in so I could always have her in my mind.

Soon, I heard the back door opening, and I saw the most gorgeous creature step out of the doorframe. Brit had a cream colored dress on with a huge silver bow on the front. Her hair was curled and pulled back so you could see her cheekbones and perfect eyes. She had small heels on, so she was still tiny compared to me. As she saw what we had done, her face lit up with awe and joy. I saw tears spring to her eyes, but she tried to contain herself. As she approached, we all started clapping for the most wonderful girl we knew.

"Guys, you did this all for me?" She said, choked up.

"Of course we did, princess," Mikey said, using the nickname he had for his little sister while giving her a hug.

"Thank you all so much!" She exclaimed, still clearly choked up from this little party we planned for her.

She ran down the line, thanking and hugging all of us for how much effort we put in for her. When she put her arms around me, I knew this was where I'm meant to be. This was home.

"You look so beautiful," I breathed in her ear, hoping Cal and Ash wouldn't hear. I was waiting until I sang for them to find out about my feelings. Brit reflexively hugged me tighter, and I breathed her in. I didn't know why or how I deserved her, but I thanked God for her everyday.

After another second, I heard Mikey cough, and that was my cue to let Brit out of my embrace. I looked over at the guys, and Cal had an utterly dumbfounded look on his face and Ash seemed genuinely hurt. I quickly shook it off and just smiled happily at Britain.

"Sorry," Britain giggled. Can I just bottle her giggle and laughs and smiles up and have them to hear when I'm depressed? "My friends should be here any minute now."

As if on cue, her phone buzzed. "Hey guys! My friend Hannah is here!" she coos, and walks through the door again. I look over at Calum and he mouths "What the fuck?" to me, and I just shake my head. All these conversations can be put on hold until after the party.

Britain then brings a girl who is much taller than her that has brown hair and green eyes. To any other guy, she would be gorgeous. But Britain was the only girl in my thoughts now. She quickly introduces us. "So guys! This is my friend, Hannah. Hannah, this is 5 Seconds of Summer. That over there is Calum. He plays the bass for the band. That's my big brother Michael. He plays he guitar. That one is Ashton. He's the glue, or the drummer. And this is Luke. He's the lead vocalist, and he also plays the guitar," she says, and winks at me when she says my name.

"Hi guys!" Brit's friend says, me already forgetting her name.

'Hey!" we all smile and wave back.

She starts talking, but I tune her out. She's got a little bit of a annoying voice, to be honest. I let her ramble on to Cal, Ashton, and Mikey, but I keep my eyes on the true star. Her phone buzzes multiple times in a row, and she excuses herself to bring in more friends. Soon, everyone she invited is here. She only let her true friends come, which wasn't many other than us.

Hannah or Hayley or whatever her name was was all over Ash, in a fit of hysterics. I rolled my eyes and climbed up on the stage.

"Who's ready to get this party started?" I yelled, and soon everyone assembled into a crowd and cheered us on."Okay, first off happy birthday to the best girl we've all ever known! Second, this song is for her. She specially requested that we play End Up Here. She told us it was her favorite, so here we go!" I call back to the crowd, and hear Ashton start the beat.