Part 55 - Facing It

Part 55

THE NEXT DAY
LIVING ROOM
THIRD PERSON POV

As everything started getting back to normal, the guys went to office for work while the girls and Brian remained home only. They had have breakfast together and talked about many things, catching up on things that happened and Maya missed.

After they dispersed, Maya was taken to the living room as she wanted along with Gracy whilst Brian went to his room as he had his online classes. Even though Maya was back, Brian was still very much reluctant to be away from her.

As Maya sat in front of the TV, she caressed Cookie who jumped on her as soon as she settled on the sofa while Gracy went to shower and change her clothes.

" And then I could see that he was about to say something more to that Cookie..!!!

I mean after what happened last night, I thought that Daddy will be angry at me for the fact that if of given the choice I wouldnt really marry him. But surprisingly he was cool as a cucumber..

He even agreed with me..

Is he really changing..??

Have I seriously became that important to him..??

Cookieee

Do you think he likes me..?? "
Maya says as she talks about her confused thoughts about Nicholas' reaction from the previous night to Cookie who just looks happily at Maya while playing with her hand.

" Well Cookie.. the real question here is does mommy like daddy..?? "
Gracy says as she comes in.

" It's not always about what he wants..

It's also about what you want..!!

Do you want to be with him..??

Do you like him..??

We know all that the two of you love Bunny a lot after all, you too are his mommy and daddy..

But are you willing to be with Nicholas just because of Bunny or because you genuinely want to be near him..??

In fact do you even want to stay with him..?? "
Gracy continues as she makes herself comfortable next to her sister and Cookie then jumps on Gracy demanding even more attention.

Pondering well about all what Gracy just said, Maya finally lets it out;
" If you would have asked me this time I had married Nicholas, my answer would have very directly been a big No..

I didnt even liked the man I married he was rude.. Insensitive.. He even bothered listening to me.. Imposed his misunderstandings on me.. Abused me..

But the man with whom I am today.. Whom Bunny calls Daddy.. He is someone whom I actually like being around.. He's nice..He's playful.. He listens to me.. He tries to understand me.. I feel safe near him.. I can see that he is willing to try.. That he is willing to change he's not someone I'm really scared of..

But I'm scared...

I'm scared what if I fall in love with him anddd.... "
As Maya said the last bit her voice started breaking and weak.

" And what Maya..??

If this Nicholas is good and nice person, then what are you scared of..?? "
Gracy asked as she held Maya's hand in hers.

" What if I fall for him and he doesnt..??

What if he does what my father did to my mother..??