Part 35 - Legal Custody

Part 35

The Next Day
Valentino Villa
Third Person POV

As the vacation ended, everyone entered the villa with a lot of mixed feelings regarding everything. All of them stayed quiet with smile plastered on their faces but their inner selfs were in complete chaos.

Both Maya and Nicholas had the truth and dare game scene playing nonstop in their minds but both of them are too stubborn to show each other that they are affected by what occurred. Hence they are both playing the I am absolutely normal card in front of all though deep down none of them are at peace.

The youngest of them all, Brian was the most happy and excited one. For the first time ever, he felt like he is not unwanted. He is not a burden on the women who are his sisters. That at last God has been grateful to him for giving him Nicholas and Roman in his life a little late. Staying with them all under the same roof this week made him feel like he also has a family. But still he remembered the words that the woman who actually gave birth to him from time to time. That she will never let him and his Maya Dii stay together happily. For once the little one is scared that Jennifer will snatch all his happy moments away from him and separate him again from Maya just like she always does.

And Gracy and Roman.
After the airport conversation they've been ignoring getting near each other in order to avoid any more uncomfortable awkward moments. It happens that the night they were out with Brian to get some grocery, while Brian was busy in the kids competition these two were busy talking to each other about Maya and Nicholas which soon turned flirting when the other kids' parents assumed that they were Brian's parents.
Deciding to go along with the situation also to encourage Bunny they went a little too much in the moment.
And when Bunny actually ended up in the first place, they got even more excited and ended up kissing each other in front of everyone there. And since awkwardness has been creeping each time they are near each other.

Same Day
Evening Time
Valentino Villa
MAYA POV

The day has been very long for both me and Gracy today. After this new year started and all what happened, today was the first official day of this new year that we went to work. Obviously we had already informed Mr & Mrs Singh that we won't be able to make it to work for some time but still there were many questions about where we were all this long since we do not really take such long leaves. A single reply was given to them that is Bunny was not in a good position.

I enter the villa along with Gracy who came to drop me and see Bunny before returning back to her apartment. We find him waiting for us in living room as he watches cartoons just like Emma tells us. The staff have been very supportive and considerent from the very beginning when they were informed that Bunny will be staying with us now. Even today when I had to join back, I thought of taking Bunny with me but Emma and Adele proposed to take care of him while I'm away so that Bunny doesn't strain his legs as Alll asked.

I'm about to sit down next to the happy boy but stop halfway when I hear my name being screamed in a very angry way from the entrance. Knowing the owner of that piercing irritating voice, I walk out of the living room to the entrance of the villa instructing Emma to take Bunny to his room to avoid him witnessing the upcoming ugly drama.

As I walk towards the villa's entrance door along with Gracy knowing exactly why this is happening as that voice continues screaming my name along with many other bad things directed to me. Looks like she's finally received the official legal papers about Bunny's custody from my lawyer.

As I see her standing all enraged in front of me, I talk in a completely different tone being absolutely calm and poised as I say :
" Jennifer... How come you are here..?? And why are you talking so loud..?? You know.. I'm not deaf..!!! "