Part 24 - Revenge?

Quarantine Effects Folks.
Way too early than expected.

Part 24

Christmas Day
NILDA POV

It's been a while since Nick, his father, me and Mike have been in the conference room. While I am there with them, Jennifer and Stephanie are in her office awaiting my signal.

This morning, as expected Nick and I went to our office and then came to see Mike Stones along with Nicholas' father and that overbearing friend of hers went to their workplace.

As the meeting almost reaches its end, I send them a message notifying them of the same. I feel a little anxious about what's about to go down.

As our part gets over, Nicholas and I walk out of the conference room leaving Mike and... behind us as they discuss some matters concerning their business merger.

" Amoreeee... "
I finally speak as we go in phase one of the plan making Nick look at me as I continue ;
" We also need Jennifer's signatures on these papers.! She must be in her office.."

And as I finish saying that my phone starts ringing just in time which I look at and say ;
" Hmmm...
Amore.. I need to answer this call... It's about my latest modeling assignment..!!! There's no one here, can you please take care of this meanwhile..!!! "

I say as I hand him the file and pick up the call while he just walks away after nodding in a yes while I look at him smirking at the success of the plan's first phase and talk to Stephanie who called me ;

" He's coming there... Tell Jennifer to be ready..!! "

" Okay... We're on it..!! "
Comes her reply.

NICHOLAS POV

After taking the file from Nilda, I'm currently walking towards Mike's office which also happens to be Jennifer's office as well. I'm about to enter that room but I stop halfway as l hear someone sobbing in there. I peep in only to see Jennifer in tears sitting across Stephanie as she says ;
" Stop crying like that Jenny, you'll fall sick if you continue like this . Whatever is happening is also your fault.! You never stopped her before as well and now see things have gone out of the way how. "

Looks like some important discussion is going on in between these two, maybe I should not disturb them right now. I'm able to start retreating back when I hear Jennifer's reply making me stand at the door ;

" I know that I'm at fault here, but I never thought that Maya will use my own son as a weapon against me to get her way done and take revenge from me because Mike fell in love with me and ended up marrying me. I've always looked at her as my own daughter but... But she never accepted me.... Neither as her mother nor Stepmother... In fact she never even accepted me as her father's second wife. All these years, I've tried my best to make her comfortable and at ease, I've tried so many things to make her adapt to us, to our lifestyle. But it was of no use. "
Jennifer says as she cries even more as Stephanie gets up from her place and walks to Jennifer trying to calm her.

What the hell is she saying?? Why is she talking like that about Maya?? Maya loves Brian more than anything and anyone. Everybody loves that then how can this woman even dare say that Maya using Brian? Is there something that I've missed out?

"Please stop crying Jenny darling.... You should have had stopped her the day you met with that accident.... Because of her stupid phonecall, you met with that accident and everthing changed. Damn it...you were pregnant with Brian...And see the consequences now.! Brian... Your son can't walk because of that. He has been condemned to be labeled as handicap for the rest of his life. Being very frank with you Jenny, I would have kicked her out of my house the first chance I would have got. But no.... What did you do instead ?? Pitied her and keep her with you. I want Maya to be near her father..! Well.... Congrats... That's what you've got. "
Stephanie says with conviction and disgust in her voice regarding Maya.