Part 25 - Deal

Part 25

After Maya&Nicholas Fight
In Maya's Room
WESLEY POV

Not knowing what to say more after what I witnessed between her and Nick, I hesitantly turn to leave when Maya stops me as I hear her say ;
"Hmmm.... Wesley... I needed to tell you something... Actually... I'm sorry about last night... It was dark everywhere and I got sacred .. I didn't mean to hit you... "

" I understand.... It's not completely your fault..I mean even I was sneaking in.  "
I confess as neither of us is at fault here as she was already scared because of the darkness and my mind was preoccupied by Andrew.

" Wesley... If you don't mind, can I ask you for a favor..??  "
Maya says with hope in her voice that I won't say no.

" Certainly Maya..Go ahead. "
I say.

" I'm sure you know that lately Roman has been very busy with his ongoing project, right.? "
Maya says as I nod in a positive way getting a small idea what she's gonna say as she continue ;
" And obviously you understand how important that is to him... It'll be best that we keep him away from whatever stuff happens in the villa... "

" Yes... It will be best... "
I agree without wasting any time clearly understanding that she's referring to what occurred in the kitchen.

" Thank you... "
She says with a faint smile.

" I can see why Roman likes his new sister so much... "
I say looking at her care and concern about Roman.

" He spoke to you about me? "
She questions me with curiosity in her voice.

" Spoke about you..!! He literally told me everything about you and how much he was happy with your arrival in his and Nick's Iives.. He told me how you encouraged and supported him for his project. And how he felt better with... O shit....  "
I start telling her but stop as I suddenly remember an important detail ;

" What happened..? "
Maya asks me and I reply as I quickly remove the file that I had brought along from beneath the tray I brought and say ;

" I completely forgot about his reports... He strictly told me to keep them sately in his room after collecting them..! I guess I should be going.. "
I state and try to go but stop as Maya speaks again ;

" Reports..? What reports? "

" It's his half yearly medical test reports.. After he went in depression, Nicholas made it a point that Roman gets a medical test at least twice a year.."
I answer without thinking twice.

" Depression..!! What do you mean by that..? "
She questions me with a shocked look on her face making me realise that I've just had a blunder by telling her about Roman's depression.

" Ooo... They didn't tell you? "
I realise this small detail and I try to cover up by saying ;
" I should get going, it's getting dark out there. "

But I fail badly in that attempt as Maya takes the reports file from my hands and she starts reading it.

" Roman has been suffering from severe depression from the past few years..!!?? "
Maya exclaims loudly as she gets a blow after reading Roman's medical history and continues after taking a small pause as she tries to process the information she just received ;
" But why did nobody tell me.. Or even bothered to inform me about Roman's delicate condition.
Wesley... From the day I came here, with time I understood that Roman and Nicholas do not have a good past. But what happened that Roman went into depression..?? "