Part 97 - The Betrayal

Part 97

THIRD PERSON POV

Almost an hour ago, Nicholas reached Nicole's den with Roman, Wesley and Parker. From a respectable distance, they waited patiently for Nicole to arrive. Few minutes ago, their target arrived with his guards and went inside. After calling Mike to let him know about the status, Nicholas and the others move forward. Having no trust in any stranger, Nicholas didnt bring anyone with him so as not to have any setback at this point.

Mike, who was very excited to join his sons-in-law and Wesley, had to stay back as because of his accident, he was still not in a great condition and was eventually forced to stay back with Maya and Gracy helping them to get ready to return to Amelia and the kids.

As planned, Nicholas arrived at Nicole's den where the latter is supposed to be at for a meeting. With Parker's help, it was easy for the Valentino Brothers to find out about Nicole's schedule and attack him at his most weak and unexpected time. Nicholas had Parker find out about Nicole's schedule for the day so that they can make their plans to attack and get rid of Nicole for once and all. According to Parker's information, Nicole had a few matter to attend at his office and after that he would be heading to his den for a meeting. As they cannot attack Nicole directly at the Valentino Office and bring unneccessary attention on them, the two brothers decide to get rid of Nicole and his allies at his own deal.

Being as silent as they can so as not to alert their opponent of their arrival, the four men move forward artfully taking down all the guards they spot. Making sure that the guards are no longer breathing, Nicholas doesnt wish to take any kind of risk. Moreover these people are the ones who had mercilessly killed his loyal guards and other staff, the Valentino Brothers may not be able to bring the lost ones back to life but they can atleast take revenge for them.

Handling all the guards skillfully, the four men reach Nicole's office. As they stand by the closed door of the old man's office listening to the voices chatting inside, the guys take some time to re-compose themselves. After all they had dealt with the small troubles and now only Nicole has to be dealt with. Sharing a confident look, the two brothers are the ones to kick open the door and walk in shooting the men inside without giving any one of them time or the chance to retaliate back as they all drop dead to the floor.

Nicholas and Roman who are in no mood to play rush to see Nicole's dead body as due to the commotion taking place in the room from the very second they forced their way inside surprising everyone in there. The Valentino Brothers know that they have to be 100% sure that Nicole is indeed dead and no longer a thorn in their flesh. As Nicholas turns around the downwards facing body to see the dead face of Nicole, he is aghast to see another man who's physique resembles to Nicole, who's also dressed in Nicole's clothes dead.

It is not Nicole!

The dead man is not Nicole!

Then where the hell is Nicole?

Nicholas is about to shout loud as to what is happening in Nicole's den, but before he can do so, a loud gunshot is heard taking everyone aback. With the deafening sound coming from their back, Nicholas and Roman quickly turn towards that direction only to see Wesley looking at them with an aggravated look. With pain and horror soon written all over their faces, Wesley soon drops down on his knees revealing Parker holding a gun behind Wesley's back.

The normally calm and innocent looking Parker now look at the two brothers with a completely different look in his eyes. His eyes no longer have loyalty and respect but instead pure deceit and wickedness can be seen in them.

Looking at Wesley's body on the floor, the gun in Parker's hand and recalling the happenings, Nicholas shakes his head in a slow no.

" Not you Parker! " Nicholas very quickly realizes the current happenings.