Part 32 - Let's Talk It Out

Part 32

In The Mall
MAYA POV

" What happened this time..?? Did I do anything again..!?? "
I finally blunt out knowing that there's something big going on in that man's head.

I literally can feel my heart starting kick me hard inside my body as I prepare myself For the worse while I look at Nicholas who seems to be taken back by my question and he finally speaks ;
" How do you know that I..... Can we talk about it over a cup of anything..? "

All I do is saying hmm as Nicholas guides the way to the nearby Cafe and goes to place his order and comes back to me minutes later with two cups, 1 black coffee and 1 hot chocolate. He hands me the hot chocolate and then talks after some time ;
" Look Maya... I'm not a man of many words nor I like beating around the bush... So I'll my best to be as frank as I can..!!! It's the first time that something like this is happening with me... I've never been proven not right before..
Why didn't you tell me the real truth when I said all of that to you...?? "

As soon as Nicholas says that I look at him not knowing how to react on that. Now it does make sense why Nicholas has so behaving so differently all this while. So finally he's learnt the reality. Off course he was right there when Jennifer and I had that argument at the hospital. That fight must have had shown him Jennifer's real face.

" Why Maya..?? "
I hear him say again as he brings me out of my thoughts.

Not willing to keep this feeling.. This anger.... anything that this can be called bottled inside me, I finally let out the harsh truth that Nicholas wants an answer to ;
" Because you never wanted to see the truth... You never wanted to know the reality... You had convinced yourself that you were the right one and no matter what.. I was the wrong one..!!!

You believed what you wanted to believe... You did what you wanted to do....

And what did you just say..??? Why didn't I tell you anything..??
Nicholas.... Be honest with me for once...
Even if I would want told you the truth, all what happened... Would you have believed me..??? "
I shoot at him without any second thoughts or fear for once.

After hearing me, he just looks at me with a pale face as I see him going in deep thinking as he moves his head left right in a no sign.

" You see...
At times what you understand, hear and see isn't always the truth..!!! You should always voice out such kind of doubts to that concerned person..!!!

And also the reason why I didn't say anything about this earlier was because you never tried knowing whether your doubts were real or not.. But you had imposed your misunderstandings on me.

I don't think it's important for me to give you any kind of explanation before is very simple as you never asked for one... But today you did... That's why I'm telling you about it...

Nicholas...
From the time that we've been together, I've understood that you didn't have to great time growing up.. I've also understood that you are not used to being proved wrong.. Neither you can trust anyone easily..

But that doesn't mean that you are allowed to judge anyone..!! Or to decide anyone else's character or beliefs..!!!

I don't know if you're gonna like what I'm about to say to you... But it's important for you to know and understand it..!!

Nicholas..
It's high time that you change your mindset and behavior..!!! If you continue thinking and behaving like your father, you're ruin everything for you..!! Try to be the guy that your mama wanted you to be.. Not the monster that your papa is trying to change you into..!!!