Part 14 - He Cares?

Part 14

Nicholas POV

I step out of the Maya and Brian's room all stunned by Bunny's action heading towards my room.

Where the hell did I put myself in..!!
I was supposed to stay away from these 2 but....

This new bond has started to make me feel so weird and different....

Nooo...

Not that Maya..

But her brother...

Brian...
Or should I say Bunny...

That child is so innocent..

Unaware of this world's cruel reality..!!!

Unaware of my own truth ..!!!

Unaware of his own sister's real face..!!

And Maya.....

Why does this woman confuse me so much????

I know for a fact that she married me for money..

I heard her own father say that!!!!

But still at times, it feels like she is not what I think about her.

Each and every time I've seen her with Brian, she's been a completely different person.

Why the hell can't I understand what she really wants..!!!

But also I cannot ignore the fact that her arrival did actually change my brother.

For the good.

I've been trying for soo long to get him comfortable but he wouldn't even try.

But with Maya, it's completely different.
He never even stepped in the kitchen before.
But lately whenever Maya would be cooking, he'll be there with her if he's at home.
She would ask him for anything and Roman would gladly help her.
Something that he never even did for me when I used to cook.

But I know what's going on in his mind.

Whenever he sees Maya with Bunny, loving him, caring for him, Roman remembers her.

He misses her..

A lot....

Even I miss her..

If she would have been alive today, she would have protected us both from our father.

Maybe we wouldn't have gone through that terribly horrendous childhood.

Maybe Roman would not have gone that major depression which he's still trying to fight.

There are soo many 'maybes'...
That the current situation would have been different only if she would have been here with me....!!!!

Right now now I'm in the room's balcony looking at the sky full of stars.

Out of all the stars, a particular star grabs my attention by shining more brighter, making me feel as if it's her.

Smiling at that star, I close my eyes as I say ;

" I miss you a lot Mamaa... "

Next Morning
Nicholas Room
7:30 am

All dressed, I step out of the washroom wearing the clothes I wore yesterday.

After looking at myself in the mirror, I head towards Bunny's room satisfied.

I enter inside without knocking only to find Bunny sleeping soundly and Maya is nowhere to be found in the room.

Going near the single bed, I notice that this particular room is smaller, very small when compared to the room I slept in and the other ones I saw.
This room looks more like Maya's room at my place.
A very simple and sober one.
With many of Bunny's and her pics, and stars and superhero's decorations attached on the wall above the bed.
Maybe she decorated her room same like this one so as not miss her brother.