Part 96 - Come Clean

Part 96

THIRD PERSON POV

Having received an unexpected blow from his wife to handle the situation, Nicholas was unconscious for a while as a doctor checked and reported that he's fine. Everyone was worried as to how Nicholas would react when he'll wake up. Composing herself and gathering all of her courage, Maya made everyone leave the room stating that she wants to be the one to confront Nicholas about this matter. Even though the rest were not very much happy with Maya's idea, they had no choice to accept her decision after the pregnant woman started getting angry at them for not letting her take her own decisions.

Despite what she did, Maya strongly believed that no matter how angry Nicholas will be when he'll wake up, he still couldnt hurt her. After all did she just not witness how much concerned Nicholas is about her and their kids. After waiting for while, Nicholas finally woke up.

" Did you ever have a dream that felt so real that you never wanted it to end. That made you feel so calm and at peace that you wanted to lose yourself to it? " Maya says as soon as Nicholas lifts himself up and sits on the bed holding his head trying to recall what happened.

Walking towards her confused husband, Maya talks again as she rakes her fingers through Nicholas's hair very softly not wishing to add anymore to his bump; " I had one few months ago! It was a bright sunny day. I was by the beach. With Bunny and Sammy. Having funny building sand castles. I was sitting down, helping the boys with the castle. "

Maya smiles at Nicholas making the man a little confused at her words.

" Then I heard some voices and I turned my head! The sun was shining right in my eyes making my eyes burn for few seconds. So I took a moment and got up on my feet. Then I looked in that direction again. There you were Smiling, happy, stress free. Holding a cute little girl. She wore a swimming costume looking so adorable. She couldnt stand by herself. " Maya smiles as she remembers that precious bit from her dream.

Now completely immersed in Maya's dream, Nicholas could even picture the scene in front of his eyes while Maya continues; " Her her little tiny feet.. They were.. They were your big ones. You were teaching her to walk. Waves from the sea were touching both of your feet a little. Seeing the water touch her feet made her giggle like crazy and swaging happily in your arms. Her small hands were they were completely wrapped around your two fingers supporting her.

Her tiny feet! Her her small hands..
Oh my god! She was so small. And you you held her so delicately!
Everything seemed perfect! In that particular moment, we were together! We were happy! " Tears rolls down Maya's cheeks as she tells her husband about the dream she kept for herself all this long as their hands got tangled with each other.

" Then I woke up! And I realized it was a dream! A fucking dream!

You were not with me! Bunny wasnt happy! We had no daughter! And nothing was fucking perfect!

In fact everything was in bloody ruins!

Yet that dream I just couldnt stop thinking about it!
I thought damn it! Just take a test and get over it!
Thought I was just imagining things. So I took it!
And two lines popped up the stick!

Fainted right there!
Woke up in hospital where the doctor told me what I already knew.
Congratulations mam, you're pregnant! " Starting on a sad note, Maya ended this time with a happy tone.

Hearing what his wife has been through in his absence made Nicholas forget everything else as he concentrated in what Maya's saying. The man didnt even realized when his water started flowing out his eyes as Maya let out her side.