Part 100 - All Together

Part 100

CHRIS POV

An entire hour since I've stepped in my new home. Greeted by my son who busted out in tears upon seeing me, even I could no longer hold in my tears any longer. I caught my son as he jumped on me all excited and we stayed like that for few minutes till my son whispered a low yet touching I missed you Daddy in between sobs.

After that my brother and I entered the house along with Mum and my son only to find our respective wives in the kitchen preparing as they complained to Wesss Warren, the new names.. I really need to get myself used to them, after all Amyra and Nancy, yup they have already got used to it. Despite noticing us getting inside, the trio in the kitchen dont move at all. The stare that I get from my wife is enough to let me know that she is still pretty upset about how I lashed at her earlier for mentioning Chris earlier. Then I didnt really know that I am myself the Chris whom she's been talking about all this while. But now that everything is much more clear, I know that I am in deep waters this time. And my Pumpkin being pregnant isnt going to help me the slightest. In fact it may even work in the worst possible way for me. I just hope our daughter doesnt get Amyra's temper and stubbornness, else I will be doomed to handle all of my wife, son and daughter. They are not easy to handle when they are angry at me.

I did go to apologize and sort things with my wife, even gave the flowers and note as well and all the response I got from her was complete silence as she continued to cook without sparing me a second look. I stayed there and tried to explain myself to her but Amyra just stayed completely quiet. And the moment she took a pan in her hand and faced me, I happily allowed my son to pull me away from the kitchen and I got busy with Ray and Ehan. I know after how loud I reacted with Amyra falling for that lie, she's going to give me a hard time. Hence not willing to add more to my own misery, I am giving her a little time to cool down before I approach her again. While my brother has successfully pacified his foodie wife with pasteries and are no longer miffed at each other, I know I will have to wait a little more to be as happy as them.

Till then, I prefer spending time with my son. After all I still have to give him an explanation over my behavior the last time we saw each other. The words that left my mouth then were nasty and very horrible ones. Words that I will always regret having said in front of my son. I may not erase that miserable day from our lives but I can at least try to make sure that my son knows that I do love him and that he means the world to me.

"Daddy, before you came, I heard Mummy tell Uncle Warren that you are a stupid fucking asshole!" Ray says all of a sudden breaking my thoughts making me look at him as he climbs on my lap. The way Ray has already accepted his life here as Ray and is comfortable with everything makes me feel how happy and satisfied he is that we are no longer the Valentinos. Something that even I am very much happy about.

Yet Ray's words make me and Chase look at each other recalling the time that we were both punished for saying curse words in front of the child and which he later repeated at school.

"She used the words stupid, fucking and asshole? And you heard her say that! Damn it.. And she told me... "

I start complaining about the same but as if knowing where I am going, Ray stops me with a bothered look as he states reminding me of the situation; "Daddy, dont over react now! Mummy is already angry at you and do you really want mummy to throw you out? You've just returned!"

Damn those words.
Stings but is also true.

"No. you're right! Now is not the best time! I'll talk to your mummy about this later now!" I reply and then think to myself to be more precise when she'll not be pregnant and pissed at the world for everything.