Part 93 - Who's Chris

Part 93

NICHOLAS POV

Two days!

Its been freaking two days since Mike had that accident causing Maya and Gracy get come back. Two days since the girls have either been in Stones Mansion or the hospital. Two days since I've been trying my best to talk to my stubborn ass wife who wouldnt even spare me a single look. I know how bad I fucked up and I also know I may never make up for it. I know why she is so bitter about the whole situation and I cant blame her for that.

Still I cant stop myself from being near her. Despite Nicole being around, and taking all the necessary precautions, I cant seem to get through the day till I dont get a glimpse of her. Wesley was right!

A glimpse will lead to a second glimpse and the second one will only leave me craving for many more glimpses.

And that's exactly what has happened! Despite warning myself to refrain from being anywhere near Maya, I am within her surrounding sneaking and peeking sights of her from distance.

After pestering Wesley a lot about Maya and Gracy's return here, I found out that only Maya and Gracy came back. The kids and Mum didnt come along and are still at the place where they have been after they left us. Even though I feel happy to see my wife after such a long time, my heart is still a little sore that I cannot see my son. Now it feels like ages since I last saw him. Since I last talked to him. Since I last played with him. Since I last spoiled him.

Recalling how rudely I spoke to him the last time I saw him, I know that I have hurt him so badly. Bunny out of everyone hates it when Maya and I fight. After the hospital incident where Bunny learnt about the bad stuff I did and said to Maya earlier, his reaction was one that gave me the hardest blow of my life. Forget talking, the kid didnt even spare me a second glance for months till Maya got out of that coma phase. And this time I royally screwed things up by fighting Maya in front of him. There's no way I'm going to get forgiven for it. My son may be safe with his grandmother but I know how bad his heart I've hurt.

Even if he does, I will never forgive myself for showing him that side of me!

It's almost evening now and after wasting in the Valentino Office so that Nicole doesnt find out that Maya's back and I'm trailing her from distance, I had to behave like the lunatic I have been from the past 4 months. Even though Wesley arranged security for Maya and Gracy, I know that I still have to be very careful when it come to my wife. Which is why I left the office first and Roman stayed back for some more time.

Right now I am at the hospital, as I enter the hospital, I locate Wes on the ground floor itself talking to the doctor and taking a file from the latter. Walking towards Wes, his phone rings which he picks up.

Being close enough to him now I can hear a muffled vague voice saying ; " And mommy? Is she okay? "

Hearing that faint familiar childlike voice from the phone, my fatherly instincts tell me that the person on the other side of the phone has to be my son.

" Yes! Your mommy is okay! And I promise to send her back as soon as I can! " Wesley says.

" Promise? " I again hear Bunny's little voice demand assurance.

Yaa! That's my son! Already needing his mom! Always looking out for his mom! Always making sure his mom is fine! The only one I know will never hesitate to side Maya no matter what!

" I promise you champ! Anyway you enjoy the game! We'll see you soon! " Wesley says while I hurry towards him hoping that I could get to at least talk to my little one. But before I can, Wesley ends the call and opens the file in his hand and flips over the pages.