Part 101 - Baby Marshall

Part 101

AMYRA POV

Being pregnant has been a rollercoaster ride for me. To be honest, more than me, this pregnancy has been even more challenging for my dear husband. I have been an absolute walking time bomb to him. It's not like I enjoyed making things hard for him, it's just that everything has been so much. My emotions have been all over the place getting the best, or should I say worst out of me.

While I spent the first four months of pregnancy without my husband thanks to the earlier drama going on, I have the blessed chance to live the rest of my pregnancy with my husband, with our sons, with our entire family. Never in my entire life have I ever felt so much and so many emotions all at once. As we progressed in the pregnancy, the nausea got worst, my eating patterns changed drastically, mood swings at the worst times possible and the swelling of my feet, well let's not even talk about it.

As our baby grew, I got more and more anxious about the approaching birth. Given how Nancy birth went, I have been kind of scared of the same. To be fair, I could see the same fear in Chris's eyes as well even though he tried to not think about it. But still no matter how much we try, that fateful date will always be imbedded in our minds.

As of date, I am 9 months and 2 days pregnant. Post my expected due date. I am to give birth to the baby naturally as per Mum and the doctor's examination. Thankfully after few stressful months in the start of the pregnancy, the remaining months went by way better as my baby is now strong and health. Few hours ago, I started having contractions. At first I thought they are the normal Braxton-Hicks which I have been having them regularly from the past week but no. This time as Mum checked on me, I am indeed having contractions for real and going in labor this time despite my water hasnt broke yet.

Mum was with me, she informed Chris and the rest that the baby is all set to come out. Within minutes, I was taken to the hospital, with Chris going berserk about everything. For once, to my own surprise, I am calm and composed despite the contractions and Chris however is the one doing most of the shouting and screaming.

Indeed the most nervous person is without any doubt is my husband, the great Chris Marshall and the ones the most excited about the baby finally coming out of me are our sons, Ray and Ehan. Especially Ray who's all over the moon to be a big brother again.

Right now we are in the delivery room of the hospital that I have been rushed to after my contractions started. Chris hasnt left my side for a single second, mainly because I held his hand when we left home and I havent let go of him as all. The pain and my own anxiety has had me in many doubts, questions and confusion. And I dont think I can do it alone. On my own, without Chris. Nope! No chance in hell.

Luckily Chris has been very much understanding and supportive. Thankfully he didnt forget me home nor he fainted while I'm still in process of delivering our baby. Pretty sure if he did or does any of those two, I am very likely to flip my lid on him.

Despite the contractions getting more and more frequent and stronger, my water hasnt break yet making the labor even more longer and challenging. The contractions, each one after the other having been getting longer, stronger and my lower back is in a mess. So much that no matter how much I want to shout and scream, I dont seem to have the courage to waste any of my voice or energy in doing anything but getting this kid out of me. I just stay on the bed wiggling in pain, trying to keep up. With Chris on one side, and the rest of family in the same room trying to boost my confidence and moral.

"I'm sorry Pumpkin. I didnt know you'll be in such pain! We're never getting pregnant again!" I hear Chris whisper in my ear, pushing away the hair strands from my sweaty face as I struggle with pain crushing my entire body. Tears rolling down my cheeks as Chris holds me. I tighten my grip on his hand. An action which makes him bark at the medical staff. "Do anything, just get this baby out of her! I can't watch her like this anymore."