Part 84 - Mother's Fury

Part 84

MAYA POV

It's been almost three weeks now since Gracy gave birth and a few days after the little one was born, we got the news that Jennifer passed away after a stroke. Hearing that news was shocking as none of us thought that we would get rid of Jennifer so quickly and easily.

When we got Jennifer's news, Gracy and I were together in her room, and frankly speaking when we were told that Jennifer is no more, both of us felt a sense of relief and peace. Jennifer's presence in our lives has always complicated things and been pure bad luck to us hence after knowing that our entire family will no longer have to deal with Jennifer left like a blessing to me personally. Relieved that Jennifer's chapter is finally closed, we all chose to move ahead and leave her in the past only.

Following her heart almost stopping beating, Gracy was taken for some tests and had to stay at the hospital as her treatment demanded. The baby on the other hand has been in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of the newborns' department which was a few floors below since the baby was premature and had extreme breathing issues due to the respiratory defect the baby was born with.

Even though all of us have seen the baby through the window sleeping in the incubator, none of us have held or even touched the baby yet. The doctors have informed us about the infection risks the baby is at and hence unwilling to expose the newborn to any more risks. We all kept a safe distance from the baby as we watched him every day from the window. After a long debate which almost turned into a war between Roman and Gracy, the baby has finally been named Samuel.

Today our wait ends, today is the day when we will finally be able to hold the baby as Samuel has been able to recover from the poor state he was in and no longer needs to be incubated anymore. not to say that yesterday after the doctor informed us about the same Gracy and Bunny were the ones who got extremely excited about the same.

Despite her near to death experience with death, Gracy has been very much looking forward to seeing her child as since she wasn't allowed to move much because of her stitches and other problems that came along after the birth, she couldn't even go to the NICU to see the baby hence we had to take pictures of the baby to show her as she started getting impatient and dejected at the situation that her baby is in.

However the instant she was told that she would finally get to hold her child, Gracy's gloomy face instantly lit up. After all, she's been waiting so long and impatiently to see and hold her son close to her. And Bunny, he didn't even want to leave the hospital yesterday thinking what if we are not able to get him to see the baby on time to the hospital and the doctors get the little one out of the incubator and he misses that moment.

In this one month that went by, not a single day passed by where Bunny didn't come to the hospital to see Gracy and his little brother even before and after going to school. Bunny would tell us how much his mind would be occupied with thoughts of his little brother despite him being in school.

Right now after picking Bunny from his school, we are heading to the hospital to see Gracy and finally get to officially meet Baby Valentino. I have been with Gracy most of the day since the guys, except Roman who refused to leave Gracy, had to resume work after everything gradually started returning to normal.

" Mommy...
I've completed my card..!!
Do you think Sammy will like Bunny's card.? "
I hear my son's serious and concerned voice as he tells me about the welcome card he's been making for the baby since yesterday as he still has both his card and pen in his hand. Ever since the baby's name has been decided, Bunny even got him a nickname 'Sammy' and calls by that only as we enter the hospital.