Part 48 - Soul Sisters ?

Part 48

THE HOSPITAL
THIRD PERSON POV

After what happened at the hotel with the crowd interrupting Nicks way to the ambulance with Maya, he made sure that his security team brought by Roman reaches the hospital before hand and clears the way so that no one is able to block his way in there with Maya.

The minute that the ambulance reached the hospital premises, Maya was shifted to a stretcher and rushed inside for treatment as Nicholas never left Mayas hand until Maya was taken inside the operation theatre where she needed to be operated due to her deep wounds. As Nick looked at Mayas blood stained hands slip from his own, he felt as if his entire world was falling apart. After a very long time, precisely after undergoing his fathers training for becoming the way the latter wanted him to, today was the first time that Nicholas felt scared. The woman whom he didnt even care about few months ago, today had become a very important and big part of his life.

Unable to think anything straight, Nick just sat by the nearby bench and stared at the red light above the OT door indicating that the operation had started.

"Nickkk....

Hows Mayaa..??"

Wesley asks as he runs in there with completely concern written all over his face.

Wesley also knew about everything that happened at the hotel after all he was at the police commissioner's office to request for help and had also seen what happened there thanks to live broadcasting done by the news channels. Hence without wasting time after seeing Nicks angered reaction on the TV, he ran out of the office and drove to the hospital to see the gravity of the situation.

"Shes inside.... They are operating on her..!!"

Nick replied recognizing Wesleys voice even though his eyes never left the closed door.

With the way Nick replied him, Wesley knew that things were not in a very favorable way after all he had managed to catch a glimpse of Maya whilst she was in Nicholas arms in the TV. If he didnt know that the woman in Nicks arms was Maya, maybe he wouldnt have been even able to recognize her as her face and clothes were completely red due to the blood. Even though he didnt wanted to, Wesley couldnt help but ask due to his genuine concern for Maya;

" How bad is she..??"

" Bad Wes...!!???

Saying that she's bad will be an understatement this time..!!!  "

Nick spoke as his red worried eyes finally met those of Wesley revealing a glimpse of bad vibes, uncertainty and worry, it is the first time ever that Wesley is seeing his friend like that. In the past Wesley had seen Nick stand strong without any second doubts especially after his mothers death. Because of his fathers stubborn cruel behavior, Wesley had witnessed all the bad horrible things that Nicholas was forced to go through and endure during his childhood but not even once did Nick seem to be uncertain or worried. Maybe thats because at that time Nick knew that he had to be very strong and endure all of that for Roman because after Romas death, the only protector that Roman had was only Nicholas.

But today after knowing all what happened, Wesley felt that the Nicholas with whom he had been staying along with all these years is no longer the same. Something had changed with him. The ruthless, cruel and insensitive business monster had changed.

Wesley informed Nicholas that Gracy had fainted and was also in the same hospital as Roman stayed by her side and after that both the guys sat quietly for few minutes waiting for someone to exit the operation room so that they could get an update on Maya. But no one came out and suddenly they heard a familiar worried voice.