Part 90 - FaceOff

Part 90

FEW DAYS LATER
MAYA POV

After all what happened in the past few days, things have been relatively unusual. After confronting Nicholas, I decided to take some time off so that both of us can calm down with the recent happenings between us. Which is why I moved to my dad's place for few days along with Bunny. Since dad was down with fever, no one really doubted my real reason to shift temporarily. The next day Gracy joined me with Samuel saying that Roman told her to accompany me. Hence the past few days have been pretty much quiet at the Stones Mansion. What has actually been bothering me is that after I left him in his office, Nicholas didnt once try to contact me.

Nicholas being upset about the situation, very much understandable and obvious.

Nicholas not trying to reach me at all being away from me for days, very much unexpected.

The man claimed that he couldnt even sleep without me yet not once in the past few days did he try to contact me. I know I last told him to not mess with me since I was in one hell of a mood, and he didnt. Still that doesnt has me very much at ease.

Something is wrong, that's the kind of energy I've been getting from the past few days. Maybe it's because I've actually stayed away from Nicholas for so long ever since things got serious between us. I planned on punishing him for what happened. For what he did. But still at the end it felt more like that I am punishing myself instead of him.

I wanted to call him but yet remembering all what I told him the last time, me calling him didnt seem to be a good idea. I knew that if I fall weak just once in front of Nicholas, it's always going to be me giving in to him. And that's something I can't afford to do. I wont do. It will only end up ruining both of us.

Thankfully after being days away from his daddy, Bunny insists on being taken to see his daddy as he's missing him a lot. Taking that as the perfect opportunity to meet Nicholas, I agree to take Bunny to the Valentino Office as I've been informed that Nicholas has been spending most of his time there only.

VALENTINO OFFICE

As I enter the office premises, the staff who normally have a happy expression seeing there today look at me with a very weird look in their eyes. I could almost say that they seem scared to see me there. Their reaction has me wondering whether Nicholas again did something scaring his poor employees. Well, the last time we met things didnt really end on a sweet happy note. I literally kneed him in the groin. Moreover I know that Nicholas behaves better only with our family but when he's at work he's still the Horrible Boss Nicholas Valentino. He must be again taking his anger out on the poor employees of his office each time they make any small or big mistake they'll be making.

Not really thinking much about it, Bunny and I take the elevator and head straight to the last floor where Nicholas's cabin is.

Excited as always to see his Dad, Bunny just rushes out of the elevator as soon as we reach the last floor. Letting him take the lead, I walk at a more normal pace as I see the employees on this floor giving me strange looks as well.

What's going on with everyone today? Why am I getting such looks?

" Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! "

I hear Bunny's loud shout as he pushes the door of Nicholas's cabin and goes in.

Not paying much attention to the employees, I continue walking towards my husband's cabin. Well staying away from him for the past few days, even I missed him as much as our son did. The only difference here is that Bunny's excitement is very much visible while mine is controlled.