Part 20 - The Next Day

Part 20

GRACY POV

Seated between Nicholas and the other guy who without any doubt now is Roman, Maya is sleeping soundly with Roman's head on Maya's shoulder, Maya's head on Nicholas' shoulder, Nicholas' head on Maya's head and Brian sleeping half his body on Nicholas and half on Maya.

Wow..!!!
This is new..!!
Completely new..!!

Though I could feel a small wave of jealousy hit me as I wasn't part of this moment of Maya, MY BESTIE, who has been lately not sharing few very important details from me like when she met Nicholas, how exactly he proposed her, and many more...
But today, I'll make sure that I get all my answers, the real ones.
Soon enough that feeling went away as I continued watching Maya and the rest.

There was peace and comfort written all over her sleeping face.
Something very rare to see.
All these years I've spent with Maya, I've never seen her this comfortable with me either, despite the innumerous times we have had sleepovers at my place with Brian.

Maya has been always keep having nightmares about her mother's death, Brian being taken away from her and also what if she wasn't able to afford Brian's treatment from time to time due to which she couldn't sleep.

But I guess things are changing now.
For the better..
After all what Maya has been through before and even after her mother's death, maybe now fate has decided to be a little merciful on her.

I slowly take out my phone from my pocket and take a picture of this absolutely unexpected yet beautiful scene in front of me.

Not willing to disturb this precious moment, I step away and close the door as slow and quiet as possible and retreat back.

NICHOLAS POV

Feeling a warm breath against my neck, my eyes slowly open to the new day. Turning my head towards the source of those warm breaths, I find Maya sleeping peacefully on my shoulder.

The first thing coming in my mind is what the hell is going on..
How did the two of us end up like this.
As I look around and memories of last night freshen up in my mind, I understand why we've all been sleeping together in the same room.
Last night, all thanks to Roman and Bunny, was an absolutely new, strange but enjoyable night for me.
Surprisingly I feel very fresh and relaxed, maybe because after very much time I've slept without any kind of tension or stress.

I turn and look at the woman sleeping on my shoulder, few strands of hair are in front of her face, using my left hand I slowly move those strands revealing her sleeping angelic face.

Indeed the woman I had married was way too gorgeous than she knew, that she understood.

Yesterday it was clear to me that she doesn't understand other's thinking and actions. After seeing how that Luke behaved before and after my arrival there, I can say that even if Maya looks at him like a colleague or even friend, but Luke... Luke doesn't look at Maya just like a friend or colleague. The way he looked, smiled at her and the way his body language and tone changed each time Maya was near him.
God.
I seriously felt like punching him right in the face.
Who the hell looks at someone's wife like that?

Woah Nicholas..!!
What's wrong with you!?
Just calm down.
Why the f*cking hell are you reacting like a possessive husband.
Don't forget that this wedding is just a business deal.!

But the way she cares and handles both of our brothers does surprise me, specially when last night the two returned from the kitchen with the food and drinks and apologized for getting me worried with them shouting like crazy lads. Roman is a very difficult person to live with but yet Maya does not only get him understand his potential and capabilities but also I've seen her give him the support that maybe I wasn't really able to give him.