Chapter 47

Continues from previous chapter....

I pull up outside the house and rush in "Davina? Mira?" I call out "we're in here dad!" Mira calls out from the living room so I vamp speed to the room and see Davina laid out on the couch with sweat covering her forehead and her face scrunched up in pain.

"K-Kol you're here?" she pants as I vamp speed to her side and kneel down, taking her hand in mine "of course I'm here. I wouldn't miss this for the world" I say kissing her knuckle making her smile "you were gone a while getting that paint, is everything okay?" she asks and I just kiss her forehead "I'll tell you later, it's not important" I say well it is sort of important but nothing is more important than the birth of our second child.

We hear the front door slam open followed by a whoosh and I look to see Melanie and Violet stood in the door way. "I got this" Melanie said before ushering Mira out the room who leaves with Violet.

"Hey Mel" Davina says flashing a smile "hey D, you ready to do this?" Melanie asks after she finished vamp speeding around the house collecting bits and bobs that she needed. She holds two blankets, a towel and a pair of scissors in her hands which she sets down.

"Yes I'm ready" Davina replies gripping my hand "okay prop up your legs" Melanie instructs which Davina does "okay I see you've already taken your underwear off which is good so we can get started. Get ready to push on 3 okay?" she advised "okay" Davina says taking a few deep breaths "you can do this love" I say kissing her knuckle making a smile tug at the corners of her lips before she starts to push.

....

10 minutes later...

"Ahhh this hurts worse than the first time and I wasn't a fucking vampire then!" Davina screams squeezing my hand rather hard but I'm a vampire so it doesn't hurt too much although I can feel that one or two of my fingers are broken but they'll heal in no time. "Darling it's okay, just relax and push. You can do it" I say more or less whispering in her ear as I give her as much comfort and praise as I can to make her feel comfortable and to encourage her to keep going because she is doing really well.

"It hurts Kol" she whimpers a tear streaming down her face which I quickly wipe away using my thumb "I know but you can push through the pain, you've done this before and you can do it again. You don't have long to go darling" I say kissing her cheek making her calm down "I love you" she says making me smile and kiss her knuckle "I love you too, always have and always will" I respond making the smile on her face grow and a single tear trickles down her cheek which I wipe away with my thumb as I went to caress her cheek.

"Okay Davina I see the head you only have to do a few more pushes" Melanie says patting Davina's knee "come on love you can do this" I say caressing her knuckle and she lets out a pained moan as she pushes, biting her lip to hold back the scream she desperately wants to let out. I plant a kiss on her forehead, giving her hand a gentle squeeze "you're doing so well baby" I whisper in her ear before I plant a little kiss on her nose making her blush.

....

5 minutes later....

Davina lets out a loud scream as she gives one last big push before a loud cry breaks out through the room which makes us both sigh in relief and smile in happiness. "It's a boy!" Melanie announced making us both cry happy tears "a boy, we have a little boy" she sniffles I just press my forehead against hers. "You gave me a son" I say cupping her cheek as I choke back a sob, what? Can't a guy sob after learning he has a son "our little boy" she cries as I pull back, kissing her passionately before we look to Melanie who is cleaning our son who is wailing his little heart out.

"Damn he's got a good pair of lungs on him" Davina says "yeah just like his parents" Melanie responds with a smirking making Davina giggle "can I have my baby already?" she asks holding her arms out after I help her sit up.