Chapter 39

I just want to say thank you to all of you that vote and comment on my stories, it means a lot and honestly makes my day when I get a positive comment. So here's another chapter for you to enjoy.

Continues from previous chapter....

Kol's pov

I arrive back at the hotel and head up to the room. I knock on the door so they know it's me and I didn't take a key with me so I can let myself in. 

The door open revealing Mira "dad you're back" she says stepping aside to let me "yeah, I am. My jobs done for the day" I respond as I shut the door behind me and kick my shoes off before removing my jacket. 

The bathroom door opens and Davina walks out with a robe on and her hair semi damp. She smiles as she sees me and gives me a kiss "you're back, how'd it go?" she asks "just fine, Shelby will no longer be a problem" I respond "good, now what about Brian?" she asks "I've texted him posing as Mary telling him to fly out here to meet up since I don't want to drag you and Mira on another flight that isn't heading home" I respond she nods "okay, that's fine. When will he get here?" she asks "tomorrow evening at the latest according the text I received from him" I respond "good, we can finally get this over with and head home after that" she replies relief in her eyes.

"Yes we will and there will be no more trouble after that" I respond "don't say that you'll jinx it" Mira says "you don't honestly believe in that crap do you?" I ask making her shrug "well that's like asking if I believe in the supernatural so what do you think?" she retorts sassily raising an eyebrow at me as she folds her arms across her chest making me smirk. "Don't you get sassy with me young lady" I say in a playful stern tone and she sticks her tongue out at me. 

"I can do what I want" she replies tilting her head to the side "oh woah, it's like looking in the mirror" Davina says with a giggle "what?" me and Mira ask confused "you two are so alike. Same attitude and same sass" she replies and Mira shrugs "eh I learn from the best don't I?" she retorts making me chuckle. "Yeah you got that from me but you did get some of that sass and attitude from your mother" I respond Davina scoffs.

"I do not have an attitude" she retorts making me smirk "darling of you course have an attitude. You were raised by my family and we all have an attitude even Elijah" I respond making her smirk "I have a pretty mild attitude" she defends making me chuckle "darling I love you but that's not true. You're full of sass and sarcasm" I respond "well so are you" she retorts "yeah I know and you love that about me" I respond as I wink at her making her blush and Mira groans.

"Okay save that for when I'm not in the room and I'm at least twenty feet away from you" she says making me chuckle "sorry love" I respond "okay well I'm gonna finish doing my hair and then maybe we can all go out and do something rather than stay in this hotel room all day?" Davina suggests "sounds like a plan" Mira replies "I'll look at places we can go that are local" I respond pulling out my phone and pulling up the browser search.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.