Chapter 12

Here's a new chapter. I hope you like it.

The next day...

Davina's pov

I wake up and for a moment I forget where I am but once my brain starts functioning I suddenly remember that I'm at Kol's apartment and that I slept on his couch last night after we somewhat talked things over. I slowly sit up and stretch until I hear a small click in my back. I pull the blanket off me and fold it neatly before placing it beside me.

I stand up just as Kol enters running a hand through his messy bed head hair. He gives me a smile as he walkds over "good morning. How did you sleep last night?" he asks "quite alright actually" I reply "would you like anything? Coffee? Blood?" he asks "I'll have a coffee please and add some blood to it" I say he nods and heads to the kitchen. As he does that I find my way to the bathroom to freshen up and you know do my business.

Once I've done what I needed I head back to the living room and find Kol sat on the couch with his head buried in his hands. "Kol?" I say causing him to instantly to snap his head up and I see the relief in his eyes "Davina I thought you had left" he said "no I just went to the bathroom" I respond as I make my way over to him. "Oh" he mutters to himself suddenly looking very sheepish as he reaches out and picks up a mug from the coffee table. "Here's your coffee" he says handing it to me once I've sat down. "Thanks" I respond as I bring the mug to my lips and take a sip.

Everything is silent between us after that but I can tell Kol wants to say something. "Speak Kol. I'm not going to bite your head off" I say with a teasing smile "I don't want to trigger any painful memories but I was curious about whether you named our baby or not" he says making me freeze for a moment and I have the sudden urge to yell at him but I quickly let it go because he deserves to know and I should expect these questions. "I did name her" I reply "what did you name her?" he asks "Mira short for miracle because she was my miracle" I respond "that's a beautiful name" he replies with a small smile. "I don't know how Katerina did it you know" I say suddenly "did what?" he asks "I don't know how she was able to abandon me without it killing her on the inside to be away from me. The moment Mira was placed in my arms, my heart broke and I all wanted in the world was her and to be with her. If Katerina didn't feel that when she abandoned me then she really was a terrible mother" I respond "you deserved a lot better than her, you still do and she's missed out on having a pretty great daughter" he replies making me smile and it suddenly goes quiet between us again. "I really am sorry for everything you know" he says "I know" I say with a small sigh as I take another sip of my coffee. "So do you have any plans for today?" he asks "well after I've had this I'm gonna head home and shower then change out of this and then I don't know what I'm going to do after that. I have nothing planned until 5 when I have to be at the club to prepare for opening time" I respond "maybe we could hang out and try and clear more of the air between us?" he suggests "I suppose we could, I don't see any harm in that" I reply with a small smile but that's all he's getting from me for now. "Perhaps we could talk for a bit before you head home" he suggests looking hopeful "Kol I would but I really need to shower and change. I'll see you later okay" I respond quickly finishing off the rest of my coffee before placing it down on the coffee table. "Okay, we should probably exchange phone numbers" he says as I stand up "I guess so" I respond pulling out my phone and handing it to him. He pulls out his phone and hands it to me. I quickly type my number into his phone before handing it back to him and taking mine from him. "Alright then I'll see you later" I respond he smiles and nods his head before leading me to the door. He unlocks and opens the door "bye Davina" he says "bye Kol" I respond before walking away and as I do I feel him watching me which is a little unnerving.

Kol's pov

It's hard watching Davina leave, I didn't want her to leave but I understand she needs too. I wouldn't want to be stuck wearing clothes from the night before either. At least I'll see her again later and perhaps we can clear more air between us so we can fully break the tension between us.