Chapter 8

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it.

Two days later...

Kol's pov

I arrive at a park where I know Jeremy will be. I arrived in Chicago two days ago and managed to get myself a small apartment on the same block as Jeremy and I've taken to following him around to figure out where he goes before I approach him.

All he does is take his dog for a walk to the park in the morning , lets the dog run around for a bit then he heads home and goes to some local community school, goes back home afterwards, takes his dog for another walk and goes to some batting cages with some guy called Josh who I know is a vampire. Being an original vampire and all allows me to sense if someone's a vampire. I wonder if Jeremy knows his friend is a vampire? Whoever the guy is he must be the friend Damon called up to ask him to look after Jeremy.

I decide that today is gonna be the day I introduce myself and start befriending him. I slowly make my way over to him and tap him on the shoulder causing him to turn around "hi sorry to bother you. I've just moved here and I'm trying to find my new apartment but I seem to have gotten lost, could you help me find the area?" I ask trying to sound normal and not suspicious. "Um sure what's the address of your apartment?" he asks "Uptown West drive, apartment block C apartment number 63" I say pulling out a piece of paper that has the address written on it from my pocket and showing it to him. Jeremy smiles "ah I know where that is. I happen to live there" he replies I fake a gasp of surprise "why what do you know? Small world huh?" I respond "yeah, I was just about to head back anyway. I could show you the way if you like?" he asks "if it's not too much trouble" I respond with a fake smile "it's no trouble at all" he replies before turning to his dog and patting his knee. "Come boy" he says the dog barks and runs over to him, wagging his tail. He notices me and begins sniffing me to make sure I'm no danger. I tense up at first but once he starts licking my hand, I instantly relax in relief and pet him on the head "I'm Kyle by the way" I lie can't tell him my real name now can I? "Jeremy" he says as he shakes my hand. We soon leave the park after that and head to the apartment block. I of course already know where it is but Jeremy doesn't know that. 

.
.
Five minutes later....
"Here we are. Do you need help finding your apartment?" Jeremy asks as we arrive at the apartment blocks and head into block C "na thanks mate I've got it from here" I respond  "alright then see you around" he replies about to head into the elevator "wait do you happen to know any good hang out spots? Somewhere I can get a good drink from?" I ask "uh yes actually I do. There's a nightclub not far from here and it's the hottest club in town" he replies "great" I reply "you know I was gonna head there tonight so you can tag along if you like?" he suggests "aren't you underage to be going into nightclubs no offense" I say "it's alright, I'm kinda friends with the owners of the club plus my roommate is one of the owners" he replies "awesome but don't you have school tomorrow?" I ask knowing for a fact he does "yes but I'll just call in sick. One of the girls who owns the club calls in sick for me, she does excellent voice impersonation" he explains "alright then, I'll tag along with you. What time are you heading there?" I ask "well the club opens at half 6 and the queue to get inside gets pretty big but luckily I get to cut through the queue so about 7" he replies "great I'll meet you outside the apartment block" I reply he nods "alright see you then" he replies before stepping into the elevator. Even though I live on the same floor as him and could easily take the elevator with him. I'd rather take the stairs instead so once the elevator doors close and I hear it begin to go up, I vamp speed up the stairs and appear in front of my apartment. I pull out my key and slot it in the keyhole. I turn the key, unlocking the door and then I open the door. I enter the apartment and shut the door behind me.

(Kol's apartment)

Bedroom