Chapter 35

Here's another chapter. I hope you like it.

Davina's pov

We were on a plane heading to Kansas, we've been on the plane for an hour already. Mira is listening to music while Kol is just looking out the window. "Kol" I say placing my hand over his making him turn to me. "Are you okay? You've been really quiet" I say "I'm fine love. I'm just thinking" he replies "I'm sorry about Finn. I know I never met him but he's your brother" I say "it's okay, we were never really close anyway" he replies "doesn't matter if you weren't close or not. He's still your brother" I respond he squeezes my hand and gives me a small smile. "I'm fine love. Thanks for asking though" he replies "it's okay" I respond "everything's going to be okay, you know?" he says "how can you be so sure?" I ask "because I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Rest assure I will eliminate any threat against you or Mira" he responds wrapping one of his arms around my waist as I lean my head against his shoulder. "I know but I can't help but feel like something's gonna go wrong" I say "hey look at me" he says making me look up at him. "It's gonna be alright. Just try not to stress or worry too much, it's not good for the baby" he says moving a hand to my stomach "I'm sorry" I respond "it's okay, now you need to get some sleep. You look very tired and I want you to get as much sleep as you can get" he says tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear "okay" I respond as I nestle my head back on his shoulder.

.

.

.

A few hours later...

The plane touches down in Kansas "we're here" Kol says as he wakes up Mira who had been asleep. "We are?" Mira mumbles tiredly as she rubs her eyes "yes, come on" he replies and we follow him out of the plane.

We enter the airport and retrieve our luggage before exiting the airport. We get in a taxi cab "to the nearest hotel that is near this address please" Kol says to the driver handing him a piece of paper which has Mary's address written on. Mira did a locator spell on Mary just before we got on the plane.

The driver takes the paper from Kol and reads it before nodding as he starts up the taxi and pulls away from the pavement and drives off.

.

.

15 minutes later...

We arrive at a hotel "thanks mate, here's the money for the ride" Kol says handing the driver some money as we exit the cab and get our luggage from the trunk. "Have a nice day" the driver says as he drives off. "Alright come on. We mustn't waste any time" Kol says as we walk up to the entrance of the hotel. "So what's the plan dad?" Mira asks as we walk through the lobby. "The plan is you and your mom will remain at the hotel while I go out and deal with the problem" Kol replies as we walk over to the front desk. "Hi we'd like a room please for the night" Kol says to the woman at the desk who's face lights up as she looks up and sees Kol "how many rooms?" she asks looking him up and down "just the one and make it a family room" Kol replies "of course and that's for you and your sisters I presume" she replies glancing at me and Mira who just scoffs. "I'm not his sister, I'm his girlfriend" I respond making her frown "and I'm his daughter" Mira adds with a fake smile clearly not liking this woman who is checking out her dad. "Oh" the woman mumbles turning away from us as she begins typing at the computer. "We have one family room available. Here's your room key" she says handing Kol a key and as she does, she strokes his hand and bites her lip. "Okay bitch don't touch my dad. He's taken you hoe bag" Mira hisses making my eyes widen while Kol just smirks. "What she said, good day" he says bowing his head to her before wrapping his arm around me as we turn and walk away. 

We walk all the way up the stairs since the elevator is apparently broken and undergoing repairs. "I wish I could fly. I hate these stairs" Mira groans making Kol chuckle "it's just a couple flights of stairs" he says "yeah but there are so many stairs" she retorts as we walk up the last flight of stairs. 

We reach our room and Mira rushes in "I call dibs on this bed" she says as she throws herself on the double bed. "I don't think so missy. That's mine and your mother's bed for the night" Kol replies motioning her to shift with his hand. "Aw but it's so big and comfy" Mira replies with a pout "yes well your mother needs big and comfy. We don't want her sleeping uncomfortably" Kol replies "I can just sleep in the middle" she replies making Kol chuckle. "You're a little too old for that" he says "I never got to do it as a child" she replies giving him puppy dog eyes making him sigh. "Damn the guilt trip" Kol mutters making her laugh "I'm only kidding daddy. I don't really want to sleep with you and mom. It'll be weird. I was just playing with you" she replies as she gets off the bed and jumps on the single bed making us laugh. 

"Alright so the plan?" I ask as I sit myself down on the bed when Mira heads to the bathroom. "Well it's like I said before you and Mira will stay here while I go and deal with the problem. I'm going to do it tonight and get it over and done with so we can hop on the next flight back to Chicago tomorrow" Kol replies "okay, just be careful. I don't want you getting yourself hurt" I respond "I'll be fine love" he replies "I know, it just worries me because I know there's a weapon out there that could kill you now" I respond making him sigh. "I believe I told you not to worry yourself" he says "I can't help it. I haven't been able to stop worrying since hearing Finn was killed by a white oak stake. I don't want anything to happen to you not when we've just become a family" I respond placing a hand on my flat stomach. Kol gets on his knees in front of me and takes my hand in his. 

"Nothing will happen to me. You know I'm not going anywhere especially not now" he replies "I'm just scared Kol. When I did a palm reading on you, I saw an image of you dying by the white oak stake. I don't want that to come true" I say "you said that would happen if I returned to Mystic Falls when they're looking for some cure. This isn't Mystic falls and there's been no mention of a cure so there's nothing to worry about except the current threat which is Damon and Elena who are trying to find out which of their silly friends are part of Nik's sire line" he replies "they're all part of his sire line as am I. If they find out that they are then they won't kill him right" I say "we can't be too sure besides you know if they keep tracing back the sire line that they will figure out who you are and that Katerina is your biological mother. If they find out then it won't take long before Nik finds out and there's a possibility they could find out about Mira and we both don't want anyone who is or could be a threat to know about her" he responds making me sigh. "Mira isn't part of anyone's sire line, she's not a full vampire" I say "I know that but it doesn't mean it will stop them from finding out about her" he replies "I know" I reply "I have to kill Mary so they can stop tracing back the sire lines. Nik has told them they are part of his sire line but like the idiots they are, they don't believe him which makes them dangerous. Once Mary is eliminated their search will stop and then everything will be okay. We'll return to Chicago and focus on what matters which is our family" Kol replies placing his hand on my stomach. 

"I know, I just can't help but worry even when you've told me not to worry" I respond he gives me a small smile and presses his lips against my forehead. "I know love but it'll be okay. Now I need to get ready to go out" he says as he stands up "wait, it's not dark yet. You said you were going to kill her tonight" I point out "I want to kill Mary now and I also want to confront Damon for what happened in Denver" he replies making me sighs. "Fine but just be careful. Do what you please but just don't kill anyone except for Mary" I respond "deal" he replies giving me a kiss on the lips as Mira walks out the bathroom in a tank top and a pair of sweatpants with a towel on her head. 

"You leaving dad?" she asks "yes but I'll be back later. Take care of your mother for me" he replies "of course" she replies Kol gives her a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room, leaving me and Mira alone. "So mom what do you want to do?" Mira asks as she jumps onto the bed "watch a movie?" I suggest "yeah, sure" she replies as I grab the tv remote and switch on the tv. I flick through the movie channels before selecting a movie for us to watch.

End of chapter

What did you think? Davina's worrying too much. They've arrived in Kansas. Mira's got her parents sharp tongue it seems. Kol's eager to eliminate any threat to keep his girl and daughter safe. Kol's gone to kill Mary and confront Damon. What will happen? Stay tuned for more

Vote and comment