Chapter 1: Flashback 1

So here's the first chapter. The first few chapters are going to be flashbacks

1490

Katherine's pov

Its been a month since my baby girl had been torn from me and my father disowned me. I've been travelling on feet ever since and I've been all on my own.

My heart is broken, my cold hearted father tore my baby from me and didn't even let me hold her. He gave her away and I have no idea who he gave her too. I can't believe my mother allowed my father to throw me out, I thought she would've fought for me to stay.

It's dark right now and I'm in the middle of nowhere but in the distance I see a small cottage with a candle lit inside so I start walking faster and head towards it. Once I reach the cottage I knock on the door "hello? Is anyone in? I'm lost and alone I need a place to stay" I say when nobody answers the door. I sigh and take a step back and start to turn around to leave but I stop when the door opens revealing a very handsome looking man with shandy brown hair and blue eyes who looks to be in his mid-twenties  "h-hi sorry to bother you but I'm lost and alone. I have no idea where to go" I say "come in. You can stay here for the night" he says moving aside to let me in. I enter the cottage and see an old lady sat on a rocking chair with knitting needles in her hands "who was at the door Josef?" she asks staring at the wall in front of her as she knits something in her hands "it was a girl. She's lost and needs somewhere to stay for the night" the man now known as Josef replies "oh send her over here. I want to read her" she replies stopping her knitting and placing the stuff down in her lap. I look at Josef with a raised eyebrow "read me?" I ask confused "just go over to her and you'll see" he replies avoiding eye contact with me. "What is your name child?" she asks "Katerina" I reply nervously "come on don't be afraid my child. I won't hurt you" she says holding her hand out in front of her, I slowly make my way over to her. "What's your name?" I ask as I approach her "I'm Doria my child now give me your hand" she says I hesitantly place my hand on hers and she gasps as she clasps her hand around mine. "Oh I sense a lot of pain in you my child but I also see strength. Your loss will strengthen you and in your loss you will soon gain another love but don't let this one go. Beware of the big bad wolf for he shall appear and try to take your life but you must survive my child" she says shocking me so I pull my hand back. "W-what was that?" I ask freaked out "I was seeing your past and your future my child" she replies it's then I notice her eyes are cloudy and glazed over "h-how is that possible?" I ask shocked "I'm a seer my child. I was born blind but I see and know all" she replies "okay mammy that's enough for today" Josef says walking over and covering her lap with a blanket. "Okay could you get me some tea and give some food to this poor girl. She must be famished" she says "of course mammy" he replies placing a kiss on her cheek before walking away to the pot and small fire pit in the corner.

Josef quickly returns with a cup of tea and hands it to Doria. Josef looks at me "would you like some tea is well?" he asks "yes please" I reply he nows and turns away. He soon walks back to me with a vup of tea and a cream cake of some sort "the cream cake is fresh. I make them fresh everyday as they're my mammy's favourite" he says "thank you" I say as I take the tea and cream cake from him.

I'm soon lying on the floor covered in fluffy blankets and pillows made out of animal fur. I lool up at Josef as he picks up his grandmother from the rocking chair and walks into the other room to put her in her bed.

I feel my eyes start to close as he comes back into the room, I feel his eyes on me right before I fall into a deep slumber.

A few days later.......

So I actually ended up starting for longer than I planned as I originally planned on stopping here for one night but Doria insisted I stay for a little longer. Me and Josef have grown a little closer, he's not as hesitant around me like he was when we first met but I'm not developing feelings for him of course because that would complicate things as I know I can't stay here forever and Josef can't come with me as he has Doria to look after.