Chapter 40

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it. Enjoy.

The next day.....

Kol's pov

We finally arrive home after flying back from Kansas after I had seen to the little problem that posed a threat to my family.

It's actually quite late as we spent the day out in Kansas before taking a later flight back to Chicago.

"I'm gonna head to bed" Mira says stomping her feet as she heads up the stairs. "Goodnight" Davina calls after her "goodnight mom. Goodnight dad!" Mira shouts back before entering her bedroom and shutting the door behind her.

"So what do you want to do?" I ask turning to Davina "I'm too tired to do anything. Do you maybe want to watch a movie?" she suggests "sure" I respond "in bed or in the living room on the couch?" I ask "in bed. I've missed our bed" she replies "okay, go make your way up and pick out a movie. I'll be up in a minute" I respond she nods and gives me a kiss on the cheek before vamp speeding away. 

I check around the house to see if everything's as we left it which it should since nobody's been here and if someone had been. I would've known due to the security system that I had installed. If someone is in the house, I will get an alert on my phone along with the link to the security camera.

Once I've checked every room downstairs, I vamp speed upstairs to the bedroom and find Davina undressing making me halt and casually lean against the doorway as I rake my eyes up and down her body, biting my lip as she removes her top leaving herself in just a black lacy bra and jeans. 

I know it's rude to stare but god damn I like to take the time to admire my girl because she's hot as hell and she's all mine. 

"You know it's rude to stare" Davina says causing a smirk to appear on my face "yeah but I don't care. I'll stare if I want too" I retort making her giggle as she turns to face me with a small smirk on her face. "Of course you will because you just can't resist the body of a woman" she replies with a seductive smile as she slowly stalks towards me "on the contrary love. I just can't resist your body" I respond "I gathered that a long time ago" she replies before vamp speeding towards me and pressing herself against me making me smirk as I place my hands on the small of her back.

"My oh my darling what's with the sudden change in mood?" I ask amused "take a good guess" she whispers in my ear sending vibrations through my body making me hold back a groan. "Would it have anything to do with your pregnancy hormones?" I ask "maybe" she replies pulling back with a smirk on her face as she turns and walks away swaying her hips making me growl and I speed after her, turning her around and gently tossing her on the bed making her giggle. I quickly kick off my shoes before I climb on top of her, hovering above her "now I suppose we should see to that if that is the case?" I suggest gazing down at her as she giggles up at me with her sprawled out around her like a halo. "Well I ain't gonna stop ya" she replies cocking one of her eyebrows as she smirks. 

I growl as I lean down, crashing my lips against hers making her moan as she relaxes underneath me, her body molding perfectly against mine as our lips move in sync.

"Mom!" Mira suddenly calls out making us stop and pull away "what is it sweetheart?" Davina asks as I kiss her neck "I just heard a pull up outside and someone is making their way to the house" Mira replies making me stop what I was doing and I listen out only to hear the sound of a pair of high heels clicking against the floor.

"I'll go and investigate" I say kissing Davina on the cheek before getting off the bed and vamp speeding downstairs. I slowly approach the door and hesitantly reach my hand out to grab the door handle when someone starts banging at the door "Kol open up!" Rebekah yells making me frown how does she know where I live and why is she here? 

I open the door and Rebekah stands in front of me "Rebekah what are you doing here?" I ask "where's my daughter?" she asks "she's upstairs, why?" I ask "I came up a few days ago to see her and her friends said she was away. I got worried" she replies making me nod. "Okay well she's fine. We just went out of town for a little bit" I respond not going to mention that we left to  go and hunt down Mary's spies in order to kill them to prevent them spreading the word out about Davina and Mira.

"I want to see her" Rebekah says "I don't think now is a good time, we just got back and Davina's tired" I respond "I don't care. I want to see my daughter and you will not stop me" she replies with a glare making me sigh. "Fine, come in" I respond stepping aside to let her inside. "Thank you brother" she replies as she walks past me, heading straight into the kitchen.

I shut the front door and make sure it's locked before following after her into the kitchen to find her pulling a bottle of red wine out of the liquor cabinet. "You couldn't wait could you?" I ask "I've had a stressful few days Kol I'm in need of a good drink and I know you always have the best wine" she replies grabbing a wine glass and popping the lid off the bottle before pouring herself a glass. 

"Mind telling me what's gotten you so stressed?" I ask "our brothers are driving me mad" she replies as she takes a big sip of wine. "What have they done now?" I ask heading to the fridge to get myself a blood bad. "Well Nik is being his usual narcissistic, arrogant self and obsessing over that baby vampire Caroline who I don't even know what he sees in her except for a quick shag maybe but I don't think she's all that great and our dear brother Elijah is frolicking around with Katerina without a care in the world" she explains taking another big sip.

"You still haven't heard from Elijah?" I ask "nope, I call him but he doesn't answer, Nik calls me and he doesn't answer. He's gone completely awall and I know it's because he knows we know he's gone running off into the sunset with that bitch!" she snaps clenching the glass in her hand which I quickly take off her before she breaks it. "Elijah is completely clueless and he will soon learn that Katerina isn't to be trusted and he will come back" I respond "I know, it's just I don't know why he's let himself fall into her trap after what she did. She played him and she left her infant daughter under a tree during a thunderstorm and didn't look back, she abandoned a helpless baby" she says "like I said Elijah is clueless and at times very naive. Katerina has her hooks in him deep and she knows how to fool him knowing that he has lingering feelings for her" I respond "I wonder what she did or said to make him fall for her?" Rebekah questions making me shrug.

"What if she told him she wants to see Davina and be a mother to her. She abandoned her all those years ago and I took her in. I will not have her try to worm her way into Davina's life, she is my daughter not hers!" she snaps "easy sister. I'm sure that isn't the case considering Elijah doesn't know Davina's alive" I respond "yeah but that doesn't mean the same for Katerina. She might know she's alive and has told him" she points out "maybe but surely he wouldn't do that knowing how much it will hurt you" I respond "he better not otherwise I'm gonna shove my shoe up where the sun doesn't shine" she replies making me grimace since she always wears the highest heels known to man and I can just about feel the pain they'd bring to a guy. 

"Now I didn't come here to chit chat, I came to see my daughter so where is she?" she asks "she's upstairs, I'll call her down" I respond popping my head out the kitchen "Davina someone's here to see you!" I call up the stairs "I'll be right down!" she answers back I retreat back into the kitchen. "She's on her way down" I respond "so what have you and my daughter been up too?" she asks making me shift "I'm not telling you that" I respond "Kol you're my brother and I love you but she is my daughter and I have a right to know what you've been getting up too" she replies "so you want to hear about all the sex we've had?" I ask making her scrunch up her face in disgust and she smacks my arm making me chuckle. "No you pig" she says glaring at me making me shrug.

Davina suddenly enters the kitchen and her eyes widen when she sees Rebekah "mom" she says "hey love" Rebekah replies a smile appearing on her face as she approaches her and brings her in for a hug. "Not that I'm not happy to see you but what are you doing here?" Davina asks as she pulls out of the hug "I wanted to see you, so tell me how have you been?" Rebekah asks taking her hands in hers. Davina opens her mouth to speak when Mira suddenly enters "mom did my tartan skirt accidently get packed into yours and dad's suitcase?" she asks making us freeze "mom? dad?!" Rebekah exclaims shock and confusion written on her face as she looks between us.......To be continued

What did you think? They're all home now. Kol and Davina got a bit flirty. Rebekah showed up and is showing her frustration. Rebekah has come face to face with Mira. What will happen? How will Rebekah react? 

Vote and comment