Chapter 26

Here's a new chapter, I hope you like it.

Warning chapter contains sexual content...

Three days later....

Kol's pov

I wake up with a groan and stretch my arms before reaching out to wrap my arm around Davina but I frown as my arms meets the mattress and not Davina. I slowly open my eyes to find Davina isn't there like she had been when we fell asleep last night.

I shrug it off thinking she's probably awake and get out of bed. I head into the bathroom and strip out of my boxers before jumping in the shower. I don't literally jump in the shower but you get what I mean.

I turn on the shower head and wait for the water to heat up. Once the water is to the right temperature, I get under the water and let it beat down on me, soaking my hair and body.

I rub shampoo into my hair followed by conditioner. I of course rinsed the shampoo out before rubbing in conditioner.

Once I've rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, I scrub my body with soap and then rinse myself off before turning the shower off.

I slide open the shower door and grab a towel to wrap it around my waist before I step out the shower. Once out the shower, I grab a second towel and start towel drying my hair.

Once my hair is somewhat dry, I dump the towel I used into the laundry bin as I exit the bathroom wearing just a towel wrapped around my waist. I instantly stop in my tracks as I enter the bedroom as I find Davina stood by the window looking out of it. She seems to be deep in thought as she plays with a necklace that's hanging around her neck. What caught my attention was the fact, she's still wearing her pyjamas from last night and her hair is in a messy bun from last night and she has puffy red eyes indicating she's been crying.

"Davina?" I call out softly as I slowly approach her. "Are you alright love? You look like you've been crying" I say as I move to stand beside her. "Do you know what today is?" she asks making me frown slightly but I answer anyway. "It's May 15th" I respond "502 years ago on May 15th 1510, I gave birth to our baby and it's also the day she died" she explains making me feel stupid for not knowing that then again I didn't ask when our daughter was born, I was honestly too busy processing the information and coming to terms with it that I just didn't ask plus I didn't want to cause Davina any pain by asking. "Oh you're remembering her?" I ask "I always remember her. I've never stopped thinking about her but.." she trails off "but what love?" I ask softly stroking her back to comfort her. "Every year for the past 502 years since her death on May 15th. I take the time to celebrate her life and death, to mourn her even though I do every day. I use to light candles in her memory back then, I then changed it to setting off fireworks in her memory and mostly recently which happens to be my favourite I release a pink balloon in the sky during the day and at night I set off chinese lanterns" she explains with a sad smile on her face. "It sounds stupid I know" she adds making me instantly shake my head. "No, it's not stupid. I think it's pretty sweet that you're trying to keep her memory alive even though she didn't get the chance to live. I reckon she'd be happy to know you're thinking of her" I say before gently turning her to face me. She smiles at me "at least this year, I have you to do it with me. That is if you want too?" she offers "of course, I want too. I owe it to you and her. I promised to be here for you and that includes doing this with you. Celebrating the life and death of our daughter" I respond feeling a little sting in my heart, it honestly hurts to know I lost out my chance to be a father, that I had a daughter who I never got to know but it's not Davina's fault. Babies being stillborn happen all the time and it just so happens our daughter was the unlucky one. I just wish I had of known so I could've fixed things between me and Davina and so I could've been there for her even if it meant having to experience the heartbreak of losing our baby girl.