7|Interview

The day sores through your blinds, shining straight across your face. You put your hand up to cover my blinding eyes. That's when the realisation hit. My eyes shoot open wide. Shit...
My interview.
I grab my phone frantically, 9am...
You: "Stacie!!! Hannah!!"
They run in. I'm sat on the edge of the bed my head in my hands and my breathing increasing by the second.
Stacie: "Izzy?"
I can't speak... my throat feels dry...
Stacie: "She's having a panic attack..."
Hannah: "I'll get her water..."

I have panic attacks a lot, not as often now but the girls help me through it all...
My throat feels like it's swelling, the dry itching sensation pulses. I want to cry but I feel dry... everything is dry. Not a single tear, salivate glands unable to soak. Fuck... I wanna scratch my throat sore... it's so irritated.
I need water... where is Hannah!
My heart is pounding out of my chest. I can hear the thudding against my chest. My hand grasps my chest, I can feel my nails digging into my skin. My lungs feel small...
I. Can't. Breathe...

Hannah runs back in holding a bottle of water.
Stacie: "She's all pale, she's shaking like crazy."
Hannah kneels in front of me, her hand on my knee.
Hannah: "Y/n...drink come on..."
I shakily take it to my lips, the water gushed down my throat. I come to my senses...
Tears begin to trickle down my face.
What was that? Why did I just panic.
Stacie: "Y/n?"
You: "What just happened?"
Hannah: "Do you not know?"
You: "No, I know... but why?"
They sit next to me on my bed and wrap their arms around me...
Stacie: "Do you think it's from the interview?"
I hesitate but nod.
I'll be okay...
You: "I need an outfit..."
They smile

1:00pm

I stand up from the couch with a deep sigh. A smile stretches across my face...
I'm about to have an interview with Tom Fricking Hiddleston, oh shit!
Stacie: "You getting ready?"
You: "Yeah"
Stacie: "You have 2 hours?"
You: "Getting changed and make up will take an hour and a half then takes half an hour to drive"
Stacie: "Fare enough"

2:30pm

I step out of my room

I step out of my room. Stacie is jumping around with Hannah ecstatically
Stacie: "Tom Hiddleston!!!"
I begin jumping with them
You: "Oh god! Tom Hiddleston... okay I need to go"
We breathe chilledly...
I grab my keys and hesitantly grab the door handle. I turn and smile at the girls. Okay. I open the door and make my way to my car.

I inhale deeply as I hesitantly open my car door. Okay. I look up at the sign that says Hiddleston's Supreme.
I'm really about to do this?
Okay.

I get to the front desk, the receptionist is really nice. Her shirt has a nice but simple polka dot, her hair tied up neatly.
You: "Hi, Izzy. Sorry... Isabelle Jodi"
Rec: "Hi, Izzy. You're here for the interview"
You: "Yes, that's me."

She types on her computer before looking back up at me.
Rec: "2 minutes"

Her sweet smile spreads across her face, she hold up 2 fingers as she gets up and walks towards a double doored hallway.

I'm so nervous.
I'm so scared that when I get in there I'm going to have a massive panic attack. I'm not good with new experiences. I have anxiety and social anxiety. A lot is wrong with me.
As I nervously bundle my thoughts, the nice receptionist comes out again.
Rec: "This way"
She gestures with her hand and her head to follow her, I smile and begin walking with her. The hallway is long...
We reach a flight of stairs. She begins a conversation with me and I comply. She isn't much older than me. We have a lot in common and I think we're going to get along if I get the job or not. Her name is Samantha.
We finally get to an office that has a large window. It's a large area with a sofa, a large desk. There are two desks. Both next to each other by the window. They're facing each other. One is empty. Cool. There are a few bean bags. This office seems cool.
I take a seat in front of the desk that is occupied and wait. Sam left for me to sit down, I'm alone. Shit... Iz don't panic. Don't start to panic. Things feel like they're getting smaller. I feel like I'm about to suffocate...
Just then the door opens, my worried expression turns to the door.
Mr Tom Hiddleston...
He sees my worried expression and rushes over. He sees my chest rising faster by the second... He kneels in front of me.
Tom: "Oh god are you okay?"

I can't get my words. He opens a window and pours me a glass of water. I take it and calm myself down. I put the glass down and stare at it for a second.
I put my head in my hands ashamed, embarrassed, I just had a panic attack in front of Tom Hiddleston...
Tom: "Are you alright darling?"
His voice makes me flinch.
You: "Yeah...I'm so sorry"
I wipe my tears
His little chuckle and smile. Hearing his chuckle is warming.
Tom: "Don't apologise darling. You have nothing to worry about."
He goes over to his seat and faces me.
I move closer to the desk.
Tom: "Now, tell me about your skills in an office environment, and may I have your resume please?"
He's so polite. I smile.
I reach into my bag and hand him my detailed resume.
With that I explain my experience with office life and my current job.
You: "The job I have now gets surprised with the amount of work I can complete in the matter of minutes. It's not up to my standards.
I need a challenge... that's why I came here"
I go into detail about everything. He leans into as I can tell he's invested. Why would he be interested in what I have to say?
Finally I conclude. He sits back and lets out a proud sigh. He smirks at me. Then that same warming chuckle.

 Then that same warming chuckle

He's looking at me. I give him a confused look. I begin to panic again... is there something wrong with me? He can see my panic.
Tom: "Hey it's alright... don't panic."
You: "You're looking at me, I thought there's so wrong with me?"
He chuckles again
Tom: "Oh no, don't worry there's nothing wrong with you. But I think I've just found my new assistant, well co-manager of Hiddleston's Supreme"
You: "Wait what? Co-manager?"
Tom: "Darling, the tasks they were giving would take around hours as they said but you, you have a gift. Look at your resume off the charts amazing. Your work experience great. You have what it takes. I believe in you..."
My chest tightens. He believes in me..
You: "Can you open another window please?"
He instantly gets up and opens all the windows. He grabs a chair and sits in front of me.
You: "I'm sorry, I have..."
I gulp as I take in a sharp breath
You: "Sorry, anxiety and social anxiety..."
He smiles sympathetically
Tom: "Like I said, you have nothing to be sorry for... you can't help it."

He places a hand on my shoulder and I flinch
Tom: "Oh, I'm sorry did I hurt you?"
I shake my head and look at him. I have a few tears trailing down my face from my attack...
You: "This is my third today..."
Tom: "Attack? Oh darling I'm so sorry. We're you nervous for the interview?"
I nod and he presses his lips together. He pulls me into a hug.
Tom:You have nothing to panic about. I loved your interview. You got the job as well remember"
I did. I got the job. I'm the new co-manager for Hiddleston's Supreme... Oh shit...

___________________________
Poor Izzy... 🥺
Smile 😊