30

We walk out of the room and through the station. Many officers smile as we go past which makes me nervous as if they could hear everything I was to say. I cling to Tom and he can see my fear. We make our way out of the station and into his car.

As I buckle up, Tom's phone begins to ring, he puts it to his ear and begins to talk. I don't listen because of privacy and I wait for him to finish. He seems pleased. It's probably work, because we do go back tomorrow. So...

He looks at me, I look at him confused. "What?" I say quietly. "Babe?" I state.

His mouth slightly gapes at the words that rolled off my tongue. "What?" He asks quietly. "I'm sorry. I-I" I panic. But before I can finish he grabs my face and slams his lips against mine. "It's okay..." he rests his head against mine. A slight tear escapes my eye.

"Jackson, he's awake" it takes a while to process what he just says because of the abrupt kiss. But as I realise what he says, I begin to sob. "Really?" I choke. He nods giving me a smile. I wrap my arms around him and tighten my grip.

"Can we go?" I ask. He nods in response and he starts up the car.

We travel through traffic so we get to the hospital, and we park in the car park. "You ready?" He asks. I take a deep breath and nod. He gets out of the car while I still stare blankly at the hospital. He opens my car door and rubs my back gently. "It's okay darling" he whispers in my ear. "He's awake" I whisper to myself.

I buck up the courage to get out of the car and we approach the building. As we get inside many of the nurses approach me and say hi as they remember me from the other day. We walk to reception and she smiles as she recognises me. "He's in room 293" she states I smile and thank her.

We reach his room and all I can do it stare. I stare at the door. Unable to move. "You okay?" Tom asks. I slowly nod and take a deep breath. I shakily grab the door handle and open the door.

Jackson's eyes flick to me. That's where I break down. Tom holds me up in his chest. "He's okay!! He's okay" I sob. I rush over to Jack and hold him in my arms. "Oh my god Jack!" I cry.

I pull away and look at his face. I giggle through my tears. "You look exhausted" he croaks.

"I got out of hospital yesterday. And I'm back at work tomorrow" I state. Jackson sighs. "Are you feeling okay. I heard what happened to the guys" I look down at my hands and slowly nod. "I'm doing my best" I walk over to Tom. "We should tell him...about us" he smiles and nods.

We make our way back over to him and smile. "I know this is an inconvenient situation it would be better if we finally got to tell you" I say as Jackson's eyebrows arch. "We we're going to tell you the night of the fire but obviously" I gestures to the situation and Jackson chuckles. "We're dating" I hesitate.

His eyes widen. But a large smile appears on his face. "This is amazing. I'm so happy for you!" I let out a deep sigh. "You make her happy and that's what I like to see so take care of her." He finishes. Tom nods and smiles at me. He gently grabs my face and connects our lips.

"Okay guys I'm still here" Jackson interrupts making us both chuckle.