27

"Tom?" I hear her whisper. The pain I sense in her voice breaks me. I look down at her and her face, it shows pain, her mouth is slightly open. Her eyes wide. I know her heart is breaking...

"Yeah?" I answer. I study her features and she turns to me. As we reach the car I open the door for her and she slowly slides in. Her face still numb. I walk around the car and get into the drivers side. I close the door and sigh. "What is it sweetie?" I whisper to her. She looks at me as a tear rolls down her face. "Stacie...Hannah,Liam...Alex... have they had a funeral yet?" She panics. Her eyes widened and tears form. I shake my head. "Not yet sweetie...if you want to go you can" She then breaks down. Knowing she lost her only bit of family she had left, she only has Jack now...

Well and me....

Her cry hurts. The pain overwhelms me. All I can do is cry with her. I lean over and wrap my arms around her. She wraps her arms around me and her head slots into the crook of my neck. "I'm sorry Iz" I sob. I rub her back and attempt to calm her down.

My world is turning slowly, my heart beats quickly as I cry. Izzy looks up at me slowly and she sees my tears. "I'm sorry..." she whispers. I shake my head, I sit up straight and inhale deeply. I let out the breath and calm myself down.

I look over at Isabelle and she has her head on the door. She's fallen asleep. I smile gently, she must have a headache. I feel so bad for her...

I begin to drive through the streets, the street lights illuminating the road along with my strong head lights. I occasionally look over at Isabelle to make sure she's okay, she's still asleep, peaceful...

I drive down the pathway up to the gate of my property and I type in the pin code. My sister came to my house and fed Bobby every day thank god. She is saddened by the event, and even sadder that I was actually hurt. I didn't tell her about me and Izzy yet; I want to be able to tell the world but I can't. We're telling Jackson first...

I turn off the car as I pull up and park the car. I deeply sigh and my lip quivers. I take deep breaths trying not to let myself cry. "Stop being stupid Tom..." I whisper to myself. "Pull yourself together for her..." I say.

I look back over towards Izzy who is still unconscious in the passenger seat. A small smile tugs at my lips. I get out of the car and walk round to her side of the car. I gently open the door and lean over Izzy. I unbuckle her from the seat then go to lift her. As I'm lifting her, her eyes slowly opens. "Hey" she tiredly states. "Hey" I whisper back. "I'll get your bags, stay there for a second" I state. She nods. Still emotionless. I go to the boot of the car taking out Isabelles bags and putting them on my arm. I walk back over to Izzy and I turn my back to her. I crouch down slightly and tell her to jump onto my back.

She does as told and I shut the door. I hear a sudden giggle. I look over my shoulder and see a beautiful smile plastered on my girlfriends face. My face pulled up by my broad smile.

"I missed that giggle baby. And that cute little smile of yours" I state winking at her. She giggles again.

I take her inside and I drop her on the sofa. I take the bags to our room but I look back at her once more before I make my way through the hallways. She looks around the house, it seems as though she's familiarising herself with it as she hasn't been in a while.

"Where's Bobby?" She asks looking at me. Her innocent eyes shine under the living room light. As in cue, Bobby runs from the kitchen and onto Izzy's lap. A giggle escapes her lips. I smile again.

I walk through the hallways and to our room and I gently drop the bags next to our bed. I sigh, I take a seat on the comfy mattress, caressing the bedsheets. I haven't slept in these for a while. I've stayed at the hospital even though I was discharged.

The scent of Izzy still lingers on the sheets as she spent the night before the accident cuddling and laying on my chest. I inhale deeply, holding it for a while then slowly letting it go...

I get up and walk out of the room closing the door behind me, I walk through the hall and make my way slowly back to Izzy. I see that she's moved from the sofa and I hear a slight cry coming from the dining room.

As I reach the door I see her sitting at the table with her phone in her hand. Her hand pressed gently on her head, a few tears rolling from her eyes. "You alright? Sorry, stupid question..." I rambled. She looks up at me and chuckles at my idiocy. She shakes her head. "I'm okay. It's just" she turns her phone revealing her Lock Screen. She smiles.

 "These guys were my family, and now

"These guys were my family, and now... now they've gone." She agonises.

I give her a soft look. "Always in your heart darling" She looks at me. Her eyes softened, that's when I noticed Bobby laying fast asleep curled in her lap. I take a seat beside her and rub her back gently. "It's okay, I'm with you." I whisper into her ear.