22

All of them are taken down to the burn unit. Dr Jaide begins to treat Tom. He carefully applies substances to the burns. Tom slowly stirs away. He groans in pain. "Mr Hiddleston, I'm going to need to to be very still" Dr Jaide says. Tom lays still. "Izzy? Where is she?" Tom asks worried. "Miss Jodi, she is next door. She's being treated for her burns. She doesn't have severe burns though. You're both are lucky" He states. Tom let's out a sigh of relief. But he then arches his eye brows. "Both? What- what about Jackson? How's Jack?" Tom asks.

The doctor finishes and allows Tom to turn his head. It hurts him slightly but he looks at him. "Mr Jodi, he received major burns and is currently in surgery. He is in critical condition...but we're doing all that we can..." Tom looks back at the ceiling as tears roll down his face. "The people in apartment 83...they were my friends. Isabelle's family... and Jack, he's her brother. He's one of my good friends. She can't loose 5 people in the same situation. She's had a hard life..." Tom explains. "Can I see her at least?" Tom asks. "I'll ask. I'll see how's she's doing" Dr Jaide states. Tom just nods.

Jaide walks out of the room and grabs Isabelles chart. "How is she?" Jaide asks Izzy's doctor. "She's still unconscious. Her burn on her arm has just been treated. She does have quite a large burn on her face. They said it was first degree, I think it's 2nd degree... But it'll heal pretty quick. She's going to have a pretty cool scar, it's a heart shape." Dr Kape says. She looks towards Isabelle. Jaide hums and looks closer to the chart. "I wondered why it said 2nd degree when she had 1st but I agree with your judgement. You're her doctor. But Mr Hiddleston, next door want to know if he can see her" Jaide states giving Kape back the chart.
Kape looks towards Izzy and sighs. She looks back at Jaide. "Yeah, she can. We can fill him in the details."
Jaide walks back into Toms room. "Mr Hiddleston. I'll take you too Isabelles room. But she is still unconscious and she does have burns on her arms on her face. The burn on her arm is covered with gauze but her face burn is exposed. It had white antibiotic ointment on it though so no need to panic" Jaide reassures. Tom nods slowly accepting what he just said.
Jaide pulls up a wheelchair and helps Tom into it. Tom is wheeled out of the room and into the next room where Izzy is fast asleep.

Toms POV:
I clench my eyes shut and put my elbow on the arm of the wheelchair as I'm wheeled out of the room. I rub my forehead with my index finger and thumb. I'm scared. My burns don't seem bad. They don't hurt anymore. I'm just scared. I feel the chair come to a stop. "I'll leave you with her sir..." the doctor states. I slowly open my eyes. Oh my god... I see her. My heart breaks. She has a breathing tube, I stand up so I can lean over and kiss her forehead. I begin to cry. I hate to see her like this.
I look at her burn that is on her cheek, it's a heart shape. I smile slightly. "Darling,I'm sorry" I kiss her forehead again.

I sit back down and hold her hand. Tears flood my eyes. They roll down my face. Suddenly a doctor walks in and gives me a heavy hearted smile. "I'm Dr Kape. I'm just going to change her gauze on her arm. You can not look if you want." She states, I nod. I watch as she unwraps the bandages. My eyes focus on the wound. I see the burn. My eyes widen, my breath becomes shaky. "Izzy, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry" I say with my head on her hand. I kiss her knuckles and cry harder. She begins to apply ointment to the burn. "It's only a second degree burn, it'll heal quickly. The one on her face will heal quickly as well, and she'll have a pretty awesome scar. Like a heart" She says smiling at me. I look up at her, wiping my tears. "She's such a sweet young girl. She doesn't deserve this. She's been through enough. I just feel like this is my fault. I couldn't save her...I didn't shield her, I-" I cry harder. She slowly looks up at me. "Hey...it's not your fault. It's non of your faults. She just lost her family like you said to Dr. Jaide she may loose her brother... don't waste your time blaming yourself when it wasn't. You did save her. You stopped her from entering that burning building. If she was inside when it exploded she would have died! You! You stopped her. You got her far enough away from the building that she's still here. You're the reason she's lying in this hospital alive! Yea she may have a few burns but she's alive. Tom... don't blame yourself. Okay" She says. As she speaks tears leave my eyes. She's telling the truth. I don't wanna be the reason she died. I had to save her when Tyler got hold of her, I had to save her when she attempted to go into the building. She's alive...

She leaves and I'm sat in the room with Izzy alone. The silence, it hurts. I sit and think about what Dr Kape just said. Tears roll down my face.

I can't control them anymore

_____________________________
Check out my other stories

Let me know what you think?

I feel sorry for Tom...
Will Izzy loose Jack as well?