26

1 month later:

I sit in my room at the hospital playing with my hands. I often do it to calm myself down. Tom went out to get coffee for us because I'm being discharged today.

I've changed. I can tell. Tom can tell. I used to be the girl who was happy, I used to smile. But I've barely smiled. I'm mostly angry, or sad. I try not to cry. To be honest I feel like it's pathetic I don't know why... after the explosion I must have had a concussion that changed my emotions. I don't know?

But it's hard not to smile at Tom. When I see him smile, my lips curve, creating a smile. Why? Because I love him. He saved my life.

But now I can barely crack a smile any time. I look at Tom often but a smile doesn't appear. Toms noticed. He knows why though. I've lost almost everything. He doesn't blame me for not being able to smile. But he knows I want to smile at him.

His comfort is all I need though. He can tell when I'm happy even though my face is emotionless. I am...emotionless.

Tom returns with two cups of coffee and a muffin. He smiles. "Tom? How can you read me?" I ask. His eyes soften. His jaw relaxes. He seemed tense but after seeing me he relaxes. "Like a book darling. You, you're beautiful. Yeah you may struggle to smile but your eyes speak louder than your emotions. Doesn't matter if you're smiling, you're eyes smile for you. And no matter what, I'm always going to be with you, okay?" He states. I nod. My face still emotionless. "See you're eyes are smiling" He smirks pointing towards my eyes.

He climbs onto the bed and wraps his arms around me. We lean back until we hit the pillow. My head rests on his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. It's soothing.

Toms POV:

I lay Izzy down on my chest. Everything's been so hard for her, she's lost everything. I stroke her hair and I feel her muscles relax. Her breathing calms and she lays still. I look down at her and see she's asleep. She takes one deep breath and releases it, that signals her peace. She says she feels safe in my arms.

When she found out she had lost a baby she didn't even know she was having, it crushed her. She said that she always wanted a baby. But knowing that she was going to have one, it broke her knowing it was Tyler's, and was made through abuse. She said that no matter what, she will love me unconditionally. I love her unconditionally, even if she struggles to crack a smile. She's broken...

The doctor enters the room. "Miss Jodi" she announces. Carefully I shake Isabelle awake and she tenses again. Her eyes open and she sits up quickly. Her face still emotionless. "I'll tell you how your brother is and then you can go home. He's stable still and his burns have healed up. He is still in a coma and is making progress in healing. Your scars have healed your lungs are fine. Your stats are good and you can leave now" she says smiling and nods as she finishes. As she leaves Izzy turns to me, I look in her eyes. They shine. But I can see a the smile that is wiped from her face and pasted in the pupil. There's a hint of sadness though.

"Why are you sad?" I ask. She sighs deeply and takes a seat on the bed as she packs. "I want him to be awake" I sigh at her remark. "I know darling. But let's go home. Yeah? We'll have hot chocolate? Marshmallows and cream? We'll order McDonald's, domino's and we'll have a movie night, or date night yeah?" She shoots her head towards me, I see her lip tugging but it just goes back down. She can't smile. Her brain won't physically let her. Again it's in her eyes.

She walks toward me slowly and wraps her arms around my neck. Her fingers play with the bottom of my hair. My hand grasps her hip gently and the other, her cheek. Right where the heart is. "You have two hearts sweetie, I may only have one but you make it beat" I lean down and connect my lips to hers. She doesn't resist.

The sad thing is that on Monday we both agreed to go back into work. Faith, who we work with has been doing an excellent job. Hiddleston's Supreme hasn't crumbled thank god!

Izzy hasn't had her phone for a while. I took it home with her belongings, it was slightly smashed but it works. The screen is clear. I haven't been on her phone for obvious privacy reasons but I know as soon as she gets her phone, her heart will break. The Lock Screen is her, Stacie and Hannah.

I pull away and smile at her. Her seeing my smile makes her eyes light up. I want to see that beautiful smile but I'm not mad. If she can't smile that oh well. She is all I need and I don't need her to smile.

I help her pack and we grab our coffee. As we make our way out of the room a few doctors come up to us. They treated Izzy and they came to say goodbye. "Awe Iz you leaving so soon?" One states. I smile. "Yeah, but thank you so much for your help guys. I appreciate it. I'll come visit you guys. Don't worry." Izzy states hugging each one. They look over to me and shake my hand. "Thank you Tom." They say. "No thank you for keeping her alive. It's very much appreciated" I announce.

We walk away from the conversation as it finishes and I take Izzy's hand. It perfectly fits into mine; then we step outside where the smell of rain radiates the surroundings, it's nice. I look over to Izzy and she pushes herself into my side. I let go of her hand and wrap my arm around her. People don't know that we're dating still, we wanted to tell Jackson before we told the world. But he's still in a coma, we hope he wakes up soon...