28

The next morning I wake up to my beautiful girlfriend sleeping beside me. I smile. Last night me and Izzy discussed funeral arrangements for Stacie,Hannah, Alex and Liam.

It took a while and a few mental breakdowns but we got most of the arrangements. Next Tuesday, I just know it'll destroy her; having to watch her family leave her for good...

I just have to be there for her, I can't tell her it's going to be okay because I don't even know if it is... that's the problem. But I can do my best.

I silently get out of bed, I release a breath I didn't know I was holding and I lower my head.

I stand at the kitchen counter with a cup of tea in front of me. I stare off into the distance of my house. It seems quiet.

I still feel pain surging through my body. Sometimes I feel the pain of the explosion, the flashes and the feeling of my ears buzzing. The screams and the darkness. The numbness...

I watch as Izzy panics while talking to one of the firemen. I look over at her confused, but she doesn't see me. Her breathing increases. She looks forward, her face full of anticipation and determination; I look to where she's looking and I see the burning building that stands in front of us.

My eyes widen and I see as Izzy makes a run for the building. I start at my feet gaining speed as I run. I see Jackson running towards her too. I catch up to her before she can make her way inside and I grab her and pull her into my chest. I tumbled to the floor with her in my arms.

I stroke her hair as she cries into my shoulder. "Apartment 83...our apartment...they've gone!!" She sobs. Tears begin to trickle down my face as I record her words. "Oh my god..." I whisper. Jackson walks towards us but freezes and instantly looks toward the firefighters.

I look over and see how close we are to the building; then I begin listening to the words of what people are saying. "Get back!! It's going to explode!!" People yell... As I panic, me and Izzy stumbled to our feet and try to run as far away from the building as we possibly could.

But not enough effort was make as we both went flying on impact of the explosion.

I feel myself drop to the concrete below. My head dizzy and my vision...black. My ears scream. I can feel the blood trickle from my ears and down my face.

I listen to the sound of peoples screams and the gasps. Only until they slowly become inaudible voices I'm not able to hear. Buzzing turns to silence.

Everything turns to nothing. I am numb. Am I dead?

"Tom?" I hear.

"Tom?" It repeats.

But I can't see anything.

"Thomas?" It says again. I feel a small tear  trickle down my cheek.

"Tommy?" It says again. I feel a hand on my arm which snaps me out of my trance. "Oh my god..." she whispers wrapping her arms around my waist. My cheeks are soaked from crying, I didn't even know I was.

"Are you okay?" She asks looking up at me. I feel numb, but I just nod. "It's okay..." she whispers bringing herself back to my chest. As she releases herself she takes a deep breath and stands up straight. "I need to check my messages. I didn't check them last night" she announces I just nod, still confused.

She smiles and walks away.

Izzy's POV: