24

1 week later:

I feel like I've been here forever. It's been 2 weeks and Izzy is still unconscious. I press my head against her hand as usual. It's pain... it's pain seeing her like this. I was discharged yesterday but I've barely left Izzy's side. My burn has scarred over, Izzy's facial burn has almost fully scarred over and apparently, I can't bare to look at it, but apparently her burn on her arm has begun scarring over.

I gently stroke her hair and sing softly. A few tears trickle down my face. My sweet darling passed out in a hospital bed. I feel bad that she's here.

Izzy's doctor enters the room and smiles at me. She checks Izzy's medical chart and looks at Izzy's machines. Her BP, her heart rate, she takes her stethoscope and listens to Izzy's heart and lungs. She smiles. I sigh deeply. I hear a slight groan come from Izzy.

My head whips up and I look quickly between Izzy and the doctor. Izzy begins to choke and I panic. I shoot to my feet and stand over her. "What's happening??! She's choking!!" I cry. "She's refusing her breathing tube. She's trying to breathe on her own... sir just step outside or step back. I need to remove it." She explains. I shakily nod. My breathing hitched and I step back slightly. I'm still holding her hand.

I watch as the breathing tube is pulled out of her mouth. It looks so long. It makes me gag. I turn my head away and put my fist to my mouth and swallow my breath. Making sure I don't puke...

Looking back over, I see the doctor wrap contrabands and medical waste in a medical waste bag before walking out to get rid of it. A small tear stains my face, I look back over at Izzy; I sit back down and hold her hand tight.

Kissing her knuckles, I gently placed my forehead on the edge of the mattress. "You're squeezing my hand too tight" I hear a weak voice say. I look back up and see Izzy blinking. Her lips are slightly parted, her eyes open in slits. "Izzy?" I whisper. A small smile tugs at her lips. "Tom" she mocks and she giggles. I need to tell the doctor.

Slowly I look outside of the room trying to catch one of the nurses attention. However, the doctor returns. "Isabelle. Good to see you're awake. Okay can you look at me?" Izzy's eyes flick to the doctor. "Okay, could you follow the light please sweetie?" The doctor grabs a small torch from her jacket pocket and clicks it to shine. The light hovers over her face and I watch Izzy's eyes follow the light. The light is clicked off and the doctor stands up straight. "That's great. Reflexes look good." She writes on the medical chart. "Izzy do you know where you are?" The doctor asks. Izzy nods and looks at me. "Do you know who he is?" She gestures to me.

"Tom. That's Tom. Thomas William Hiddleston. He's my partner. CEO... and he's amazing." I smile at her remark.
She looks at me and gives my hand a quick squeeze. That makes me look back at her. A small tear rolls down my face. "Mkay. Do you know who you are sweetie?" The doctor asks. Izzy looks back at me and she smiles. "I'm Izzy or Isabelle Jodi. I am a CEO of Hiddleston's Supreme being a co-partner to Tom Hiddleston. I am 5'8. I live- no... lived with my friends Hannah and Stacie. But they died in the fire along with their boyfriends Liam and Alex..." Her voice breaks as she mentions her friends. I look towards the floor hearing the tragedy.

I can feel Izzy's eyes on me. "I'm sorry Tom..." I hear her say. I look back up at her, my eyes sad.  "I have a brothe- Jack? Where's Jack?" She panics. The doctor puts her hands up to show that she doesn't mean any harm, trying to calm her down. "Jack is in a room a few doors down. He's okay. He's been put into a medically induced coma as it will be less painful for him to recover from his injuries. He is stable. His burns are slowly scarring over and his skin graft is healing." The doctor explains as Izzy slowly calms down. Her BP decreases to a normal rate and she looks at me. "Are you okay?" She asks me barely in a whisper. I nod and smile.

I look over at her scar on her face. She sees the scar on my neck travelling to my neck. She pouts and she notices that I'm staring at her cheek. "What?" She asks chuckling slightly. "You have a scar that was a burn on your cheek. It's scarred over and it's shaped like a heart" Izzy's face looks at me in awe. She gently touches her cheeks and she notices the bandage on her arm. "That's a burn that's almost scarred over." I say and she nods.

"I heard you...most of the time. Most of the time, I felt numb. I couldn't feel anything, hear anything, there were a few times where I could feel everything, I could hear everything. I could feel your kisses, I could feel you holding my hand. But listening to you blame yourself for me being in this situation; it breaks my heart. It wasn't your fault. Okay..." she explains. I nod, I stroke her cheek.

I just stare at her. She's so beautiful. "You're so gorgeous" I say. We just stare at each other. Smiles spread on both of our faces.

My hand threads through her hair, I love seeing her smile again

My hand threads through her hair, I love seeing her smile again. Listening to her angelic voice, her sparkling eyes shine from the lights.

But we're interrupted by the doctor returning.
______________________________
Let me know what you think?
You're finally awake!!