23

1 Week Later

I feel numb. Watching her sleep, wondering how Jackson is. I don't know what to do. Suddenly a doctor enters the room. "Hello. Mr Hiddleston are you friends or family to Mr Jackson Jodi?" He asks.

I nod slightly. "Friends, and workers. Mainly friends. Is he okay? What's happening?" I panic. The doctor comes closer. "I'm Dr. Oken and I'm Jackson's doctor. I was told to find you to update. And he is currently in a critical state however stable. His burn on his chest, we have had a skin graft and we have been able to surgically patch up his chest wound and we are treating his burns as I speak however he isn't conscious and won't be for a while. We have had to put him in a medically induced coma. If there is anything I can do for you just let us know" he explains. I just slowly nod. I just take it in. I can't speak. I slowly look back at Izzy. She's so peaceful.

"I'll just go if that's everything. My condolences for everything" he states slowly backing out. He hits his clipboard with his palm. "Uhm, could you ask Izzy's doctor how she's doing? I just want to know the details..." I sob. I choke on my tears slightly. I hate seeing her like this. "I'll see what I can do" he nods walking out.

Izzy's mind:
I feel numb. My brain hurts. What happened. The last thing I remember was buzzing in my ears. I can't open my eyes. My ears are still buzzing but it's slowly droned out. I can hear what's around me... it's Tom. I listen to what he says. What he said last week, my heart.  "She's such a sweet young girl. She doesn't deserve this. She's been through enough. I just feel like this is my fault. I couldn't save her...I didn't shield her, I-" it hurts to hear them words. He thinks it's his fault. It's my fault...

I went to run inside that building because I just lost my family and he stopped me. If anything he saved me. It's not his fault. It's my fault he got hurt.

I feel my heart shatter as he blames himself. I want to rip my eyes open and give him a huge hug. I want to kiss him. I feel his hand grasp onto mine. I feel lost in hope. I want to know how Jackson is...

Everything goes silent...
I can't hear anything anymore. But I want to. I want to be able to listen to Toms voice, I want to listen to him, I want to know that he's doing okay. I just feel him kiss my forehead.

And then I go numb again...

Toms POV:
Izzy's doctor enters and she smiles at me. She checks her IV bag. She writes down on her clipboard. Then she examines Izzy's facial burn, and she smiles as she writes. She then unwraps her arm burn. I become nervous, I just want to know how she is but the amount of tests is scaring me. The doctor said that I seemed okay.

My lungs sounded fine. My burn wasn't fully scarred over but it does hurt quite a bit. My doctor said that I'd probably be discharged by next week. But Izzy, I haven't got her details yet but I already know she's going to be in here a while. And Jackson...
He's going to be in here a lot longer than Izzy and I...

Izzys doctor finishes examining and steps back. "Mr Hiddleston. Could I just ask what your relationship is to Miss Jodi?" She asks. I hesitate and wonder if I should say it. I may have to, to be able to know the details... "Well, she's my co-partner of Hiddleston's Supreme. So she's the other CEO. But we haven't announced it yet but she is my girlfriend" I say dropping my head. I look back up at Izzy. "I understand. I'll keep that as patient confidentiality. But I can tell you how she is. As you can see she's stable and she may wake up anytime soon. Her burn on her cheek is scarring over. It is in a heart shape if you've seen it. Her burn on her arm is slowly healing. Also, the accident is on the news if you want to have a look. Someone already knew that she was the other CEO I guess but I'll leave you two alone." She nods after explaining.

Someone knows? Tyler? No... probably the workers from my work place. I shake my head and pull out my phone. I check the news and see a video. I click it.

"Actor and CEO of Hiddleston's Supreme, Tom Hiddleston was in an accident of which a building exploded. The explosion was caused by an apartment complex which caught on fire. It was said that 6 people had died in the fire and 2 has died on impact of the blast. 3 casualties of the blast one of which is Tom Hiddleston. Isabelle Jodi, CEO of Hiddleston's Supreme, Co-partner alongside Mr Hiddleston. Also, Jackson Jodi, Isabelle's brother. They're all in hospital being treated and are all stable.
Victims who passed in the fire will be missed. We have the names of those who we have lost. Hannah Starling, 22 years old. Waitress. Both her and her boyfriend Liam Richard were in the building and lost their lives. Stacie Lain and her boyfriend Alex Aldo were in the same apartment as the fire had taken over. They were all friends. Joann Hillian was the neighbour of the friends and sadly lost her life. The casualties of the blast who lost their life's were, Gemma Kialn and her husband Harold Kialn. We are all saddened and we are devastated for all the families who have lost someone special to them in the events last week.
In other news..." I turn off the video as I'm in tears. I can't believe it. Hearing all those people, Izzy's family.

I just lean into Izzy's hand and kiss it

I just lean into Izzy's hand and kiss it. My baby... I just want her to open her eyes I want her to see me... I stroke her hair. "I wonder if you can hear me darling? I just miss you. I want to see your beautiful eyes. I want to see your smile. I want to hear your voice. I want to see my angel..."