36

I sit with Izzy for a while, even after the police left. "Tom" she whispers sobbing with her head on my shoulder. "Yes baby?" He responds quietly.

"Am I free?" She whimpered. I look at her. Her eyes full of fear, wonder and panic. "Honey. You are free. You're a queen who rules herself! Don't let anyone take that away from you! Okay?" I enhance. She nods

"Tommy... I don't know who I am... anymore..." she cries. "Darling...you're the perfect person" I state wiping her tears.

"You wanna go home baby? Go cuddle? Then go to the party?" I ask, stroking her cheek gently. She nods. "You're a devil you know that" she giggles to herself. "How so?" I chuckle.

"More honest and nicer than an angel because you've been to hell and you don't want to go back." She explains. "But I'll always go back to you" I whisper to her.

She smiles. I stand up and hover over her gently holding out my hand. "Come on" I whisper. She grabs my hand allowing me to help her up. She quickly gathers her things from her desk but she quickly looks at her notes. Flicking through her pages. Before grabbing a pen and marking something on a page. I look at her confused and she shakes her head.

I hold out my hand for her and she takes it smiling. I love her smile. It's so bright, it's so beautiful.

The first second I laid my eyes upon her, I recognised her panic. She was scared. But when that smile was brought out, I was taken aback. I wondered how someone could even be that beautiful.

Yes I'm going to say it. Even when they're having a panic attack.

Tom stop!!

As we leave I turn off the lights and we walk through the hallway. Many people talk about what they think the incident was but we just ignore them.

"Hey Iz?" Fay pipes up as we pass her. "What's up Fay?" She asks, numbly putting her arms on the counter so they make a thud. "What up?" She smiles.

"Girls weekend just us two?" She chuckles. Izzy smiles. But she looks back at me in a panic. "What you looking at me for? I ain't joining you" I state. "Oooo sassy!!" Fay states snapping her fingers. "But... aren't you supposed to give me permission?" She confusingly asks.

I arch my brow and look at her. "Darling..." I begin.

"It's not normal is it?" She states slowly. I shake my head. She looks down to her feet. "Tommy... I'm broken" she whispers. "No darling. You're just taught wrong. What you need to know is that you have your own mind. Don't ask me if you can do anything. Okay?" I state. She looks up to me and nods.

She swiftly turns around and takes a deep breathe. "Girls night Saturday?" She chuckles. Fay laughs and nods.

"Come on Tommy boy" Izzy states turning round and grabbing my hand.

I smile as we walk out of the building and to the car. I open the door for her and watch her get in.

I get into the car and put the key in. As we drive home I look at her quickly but I keep my eyes on the road. "What?" She asks chuckling.

"Have you ever wanted to save someone from their own darkness so badly that you are willing to set yourself on fire just to light the way? Even if it melts your flesh and cracks your bones, you'd be okay with keeping them warm... yeah?? But... I believe in the kind of love that doesn't demand me to prove my worth and sit in anxiety I crave a natural connection, where my soul is able to recognise a feeling of home in another. Something free-flowing, something simple. Something that allows me to be me without question... if you understand me. I love you despite everything you've been through. I love you for everything you are." I explain.

A stray tear escapes Izzy's eye. "That's beautiful" she whispers.

"So are you" I smile. I pull up to the drive and put the code in for the gate. As they open I pull up into the parking spot and I get out of the car.

I open the door for Iz and she gets out. I pull her into a hug.