25

Her steps are heavy. Izzy's grip on my hand tightens but I place my other hand on hers to reassure her. Hopefully she can get out of here soon. "Okay we just need to do a quick ultrasound" the doctor says in a calm tone. I quickly look towards Isabelle processing what she just said. Izzy becomes worried. "Ultrasound? What? What for?" She panics. Yep! She's not the only one panicking. I'm internally panicking. What the fuck?? "Well we have to. We did a blood test and congratulations you're pregnant. I'm so happy for you both!"

I choke on my breath. What? Pregnant? "But we haven't?" I state. Izzy looks at me panicked. I know what she's trying to say. I realise what's happened and I raise my eyebrows sitting back in my seat. That bastard! "It won't take long am I okay to do it?" Izzy doesn't say anything she just nods. I watch intently at Izzy as she winces at the gel that is applied to her stomach. "Cold?" I chuckle. She giggles at me. "Yeah" The monitor turns on and the gel is spread around. Izzy's abdomen appears on the screen. "Okay where are you little one?" The doctor says.

She searches and she finds something. Izzy looks at the screen in awe. "It looks about 10 weeks sweetie" the doctor says but the doctor doesn't crack a smile. Her face is stiff, she seems sad. "Is everything okay" I ask pointing at the screen. The doctor continues to search. But she sighs. "What's going on?" Izzy states. The doctor looks at Izzy and I, "I'm sorry there's no heartbeat." The doctor apologies. I watch as Isabelle holds back her tears. She's trying so hard not to let it out. "What does that mean?" Izzy asks as the doctor wipes off the excess gel and covers Izzy back up. "I'm sorry but you seemed to have miscarried." My heart drops.

I don't want to cry. I can see that Izzy also doesn't want to. The doctor apologies again before leaving the room. Izzy focus's on staring out of the room into the hallway. "Iz?" I cry. I didn't want to but my voice broke as I spoke. "Yeah?" She said in a whisper. But I could hear the pain behind it. This was true pain for her. Her eyes were glossy. But she was holding back all emotion. Her lip slightly quivered. Then she let out a sob. The pain in her tears.

"I've got you okay" I state.

Izzy's POV:
"I've got you okay" The pain in Toms voice as he speaks hurts. He's trying his best. But he lets out a small sob. He wants to be strong for me I can tell. He knows what happened, I can tell...

"You know? You know what happened?" I whisper looking at him. It's the first time I looked at him since I found out. He slightly nods. "Tyler..." I cry. My voice breaks and I'm unable to control myself anymore. This is worse pain, than any of Tyler's punches, any of his words. I lost a child...

Toms arm wraps around me. I grip his hair as j sob into the crook of his neck. I'll be your shoulder to cry on. I got told that a lot as a kid. Throughout life. But people who've said that are bastards who you can't trust or are dead. Tyler told me that early on in our relationship before he became truly abusive. Hannah, Stacie, Liam, Alex, my parents all dead. I was able to cry onto their shoulder though.

Toms shoulder feels different though... it feels like I'm in the right place. I sit back in my bed and I scratch my wrist. There are a few scars on my wrist as to where I've scratched them. I just do it instinctively. I play with my hands as I'm nervous.

I don't know why. But I want to know how Jackson is doing...