Chapter Eight

Sam Lewis 💫

My heart was threatening to rip out of its cage. Check up the word screwed and you'll find my name there.

Shared bathroom?! Oh god...

  "Man, you okay?"Jordan asked and I nodded too immediately.

I am very not okay.

  "You lookin' pale all of a sudden,"he observed and Samuel also nodded in agreement.
  "Is it the sharing a bathroom with the entire floor thing?"

He guessed right. So freaking right.

   "Oh, not at all,"I lied."I'm just feeling a little homesick."

False.

The guys gave me concerned looks and Jordan patted my shoulders assuringly.

     "It will be fine, Sam. Besides I think we're rather gonna enjoy life here than y'all think,"Samuel tried to lighten the mood, bumping his fist to each of us. I plastered a fake smile.

If only they knew how silently I was freaking out...
  I shouldn't have gone along with this dumb plan. I certainly shouldn't have allowed Ivy sweet talk me into this!

Too bad, it's late to make amends. I had no option than to face it. Whatever the disguise came with.

But this was really killing me!
By the gods, why did the whole floor have to share a bathroom?
Staying in this facade is going to be harder than I thought.

~~~~

In the late evening, I was totally done with packing and tried to make myself comfortable.

My roommates had all gone out to have supper at the school's restaurant.

They had asked me to join them but I politely declined, saying I wasn't hungry which was partly true. The real reason I didn't join them though was that I needed time to myself. An alone quiet time to collect my thoughts and plan ahead.

I snuggled comfortably in the bed with a bottle of orange juice and some cookies I'd brought from home. I was so into my own world that I didn't instantly hear when my phone started ringing.

   "Ivy?"I whispered in my normal voice after swiping to answer.

     "Don't Ivy me! What was the first thing I told you to do once you landed on the school's ground?"

   "Shit. See I'm sorry? I forgot but I was just about to call you–"

"Don't you dare lie to me. Do you know how long I've been on edge?"

   "How long?"

"Twenty fucking minutes!"Ivy screamed and I pulled the phone away from my ear for fear of damaging my eardrum.

I sighed. "Sorry girl,it wasn't deliberate."

   "I'll pardon you but if it happens again, I'm gonna come get you and skin you alive. Have I made myself clear?"

   "Yes madam. So... are you in school right now?"

   "No, not yet. My pops and I are still at the airport."

   "Ooh okayy. When is the flight due?"

"Thirty minutes from now. What's up tho, how's the going?"

"Bad. I think I made the worst decision of coming here."

"Oh crap! Someone figured you out already?"she whisper yelled.

I shook my head,"no, no. It mightn't be long tho. Can you freaking believe that the entire floor shares a bathroom??"