Chapter Thirty-five

Sam Lewis ✨✨

I clicked my tongue, hitting on the call button while I waited anxiously for a certain platinum blonde to pick up the call.

What was taking her so long??

It had rang three times already and I was tired of hearing the programmed words of the answering machine: The number you trying to reach is on another call...pls stay on the line, else hang up now.

"Ivy,"I muttered, leaning the back of my head on the washroom wall. "You need to hang up on whatever call you're on, I fucking need your advice."

I jumped out of my skin when the sound of flushing toilet came from the stall beside me and the door opened.

It was an obese guy who emerged, looking at me like he had seen a ghost.

"Was you talking to yourself?"he spoke in Jamaican accent as he buckled his belt.

I stared at him gape-mouthedly for a while, wondering how possibly he could have fitted on the WC and even in the stall to begin with.

In spite of his XXX L clothes, his pronounced belly was still noticeable and he got breasts.

"Yo mhern, I ask you a question."

"I - uhh,of course not mhernnn. I was just - just listening to lyrics."I made up, pointing at my phone.

He gave me a skeptical look before nodding and then his hand was pulling out something from his breast pocket.

Again, my expression was agape as I watched him push a stack of Hershey's chocolate into his mouth, licking his fingers.

Ey...didn't he just come from the loo?

"Ow - yo wanch some?"he asked with a mouthful when he caught me staring.

"N-no! I'm okay, seriously."I feigned a rectangular smile 😬.

"Aight. Yo wanna use this place?"he pointed with his fat thumb at the stall he just vacated,"otherwise why yo standing 'ere for ?"

A gob of chocolatey spittle landed on his forearm which he cleaned clumsily against his chest - sorry, breast.

"I'm actually waiting for someone."I said and pointed at the sinks,"can you um,wash your hand over there man?"

He shrugged but it really looked like he was just taking a deep breath.

"I geh a sanitizer in ma bag."he said dismissively, taking his leave after emptying the contents in his right pocket into his mouth.

I stared after him, his meaty upper self and incredibly narrow frame from his waist downwards.

I could feel the exhaustion radiating from him as he walked and the heavy breath from his nostrils. Like the walking itself was draining him.

I had never seen him around so guess he was either in his second or third year.

I sighed, staring back at my blank phone screen. Maybe she was busy at the moment. I should probably wait till she's free and calls back.

With that in mind, I strolled out of the washroom which was much tidier than the ones at my alma mater.

~~~~~~°°°

When I was assured the coast was clear, I crossed the path that separated the campus from the dorm site and immediately fled to the stairs.

For once, I was grateful that my hostel didn't have an elevator. Imagine being confined in that box with someone like Connor.