Chapter Fifty-five

Sam Lewis 🌹

No longer did Ivy hang up with a vow to bell Chris and inform him did I get a call from the guy himself.

"Hello, Sam."

    "Yess?"I responded goofily. "What's up?"

"Conference call is up. Hold on,let me get the others on the line."

"Conference call?"my eyes bulged out of their sockets.

"Yeah... your friend just called me, she's also on the line." Chris said with a chuckle.

"Hey boo!"

Listen to that.

"Ivy! Why are we having a conference call?"I questioned, trying to sound chirpy when I was actually murdering her in my head.

"Oh yes, about that! I just told Chris about the get-together we were planning and he says he is readily in so he is about to add the others to the call then we can all consent our yeses.  I'm so excited for that,"she said in a low tone thinking it would escape Chris.

I restrained from facepalming.

"Yo, Jude? Can you hear me?"

Jude's sleepy voice came through,"yeah, Chris. Why the conference tho?"

  "We're connecting with friends and loved ones. You'll see,"Chris replied,"stay on the line, man. I'm trying to add Samuel and your brother – I get it you'll at home now?"

"Yeah. Jordan's currently using the shower."

"Oh okay, explains why he's not picking up. Can you go on and pick up for him while I try to reach Samuel?"

   "Sure. What you're about to disclose better be good,man, you just interrupted my sleep."

"Don't worry, it's worth it." Chris laughed, shuffling from his side.

I deduced Jude had pressed the mute button judging from the silence that ensued from his side.

"Boo, that was Jordan's twin, right?"Ivy whispered.

    "Yeah,"I immediately prayed she wouldn't ask something foolish.

"Is he a musician? I can't help but feel his larynx was made of silk."

"Please end it right there."I begged as Chris' laughter rang through.

"This girl is a mood,"Chris chuckled,"yeah, hello? Andrews man."

The sound of pans hitting against each other puttered through before Samuel's voice followed.

"Hello Christopher! Heyy, you missing me already? Twelve hours hasn't even passed yet."

  "Swine, who said I was missing you? We're on a conference call by the way. We have Ivy on the line, Sam —"

"Who is Iv– wait, Sam??? As in Sam Lewis is on the line??"

"Oh god."

"Hiii Sam!! Hey buddy, I miss you buuunch."

I chuckled. He'll never change.

"Hey Samuel, what's up?"

"Gosh, did you hear that?! Sam Lewis is indeed a girl, awwwn!"

"So when will you be less dramatic?"I chortled, shaking my head. "I thought you cleared your doubts already?"

  "Aye! Aye! But it's still too unbelievable. Getting emotional right now on hearing your real voice. I can't believe you were able to put up a masculine cover like that. By the gods, your voice was so deep and croaky when you were here. You used to sound like Donald duck..."