Chapter Thirty-four

Sam Lewis ✨

I gulped, unable to tear my gaze away from the sickening green moons that were Connor's eyes.

I thought I saw him bob his head down smugly before click!, he was making his way towards us.

  "Are you alright?" Jordan's voice broke through my thoughts, his eyes tracing towards Connor before he looked back at me in clear confusion.

"What is he..."

Connor had reached our side already with a cock of his head and arms folded making them look twice as large.

"...doing over here." Jordan finished, his expression turning neutral afterwards.

"Good afternoon!" Connor said boastfully, giving each of us a shove on our shoulders.

"Morning actually. It's not even eleven yet."

Jordan arched a singular eyebrow. "Can we help you?"

I shivered, sending a warning look at him. Connor will only flare up if he doesn't quit being blunt.

Connor did a mock laugh.

"Whether it's morning or afternoon, I don't care! Who cares about a good morning or good afternoon?? There's nothing even good about this day except for one thing or should I say deal with my current fav person?"

And with that his eyes were on me. "Hi."

Sweat rolling down the side of my head,"er– hi. Uh how may– may I help you…?"

   "You could try waiting for me under the covers." Connor smirked, the glimmer in his eyes undeniable.

My jaw unhinged as all color drained from my face.

Jordan stared back and forth of us, clearing his throat.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that and just assume it's a blabber. Now,man,"he steered at Connor,"if you're done here, you can leave now –"

I placed a terrified hand on Jordan's shoulder, whispering cautiously at him. "Don't talk to him like that, you'll only push his buttons further."

       "Are you scared of him?"he whispered back gracing me with a look of disbelief.

"N-no."

"Right."

Jordan turned his attention back to the silently fuming guy.

"Did you hear me?"

   "Fuck you, man." Connor gritted. "You can't give me orders nor tell me shit to do. Who the hell do you think you are?!"

Jordan got to his feet, brushing his thigh lightly as he did.

Even at his proud 6'1 height, Connor somehow seemed to tower over still.

"I'm Jordan, Sam's friend and roommate. And I'm forever ready to kick the arses of any person who got the tendency to hurt my friends."

"Hurt?"he scoffed, chuckling darkly. "Well, your friend here knows I'll do anything but hurt him. We wouldn't be acquaintances now, right Lewis?"

My stomach tightened,an uneasy feeling making it's way known. 

"R-right."

  "See?" Connor shrugged, rubbing his little goatee rather smugly.

Jordan was looking at me silently with an expression I couldn't quite decipher as he chewed tight-lippedly on what I'm betting was a gum.

Then his hard expression was back at Connor.