Chapter Thirty-six

😏Sam Lewis

    After several minutes of limping, I finally got back to Gentility House, the block in it's usual noisiness as many others had come back from lectures.

A couple of guys stood leaning their forearms on the railing as they chattered heartily about the ongoing FA cup.

My head was still reeling from what I had to do this evening.

It's just a visit. Then you'll hand him his potato chips and voilà , you take your leave. It's that simple.

I sithed, wondering what an unfortunate fellow I was.

So deep in thoughts I was that I didn't focus on my surroundings and bumped straight into someone's chest.

The spicy cologne that hit had me knowing in an instant,who I had bumped into.

I jerked my neck up, meeting the familiar blue eyes that were gazing down at me with some intensity.

   "I— I'm sorry I wasn't watching."I said in a rush, pulling backwards and spontaneously ripping my palms of his chest. (For our ears only: they were very firm and nice to touch;)

Jordan stared a second long before dropping his gaze to my feet.

"Why are you limping?"

He noticed???

I opted to play dumb.

"Limping? Who's limping?"

He tilted his head slightly, raising a brow at me.

"Why are you limping?"

Shit.

I opened my mouth, searching for what to say.

"I uhh, jumped from the bed and had a clumsy landing. No big deal,"I shrugged casually, avoiding his eyes.

That's true right?

Jordan cleared his throat, stepping out of my way. I thought he'd say something else when Jude approached him from behind, wearing a solemn look as he whispered something silently to him.

I'd have eavesdropped but they were speaking in their language.

Jordan's expression changed, his eyes wearing a pained look. They bypassed me as if I wasn't there at all, talking lowly to themselves.

I stared after them till they disappeared into the corner leading to the stairway.

What was up?

I continued on to room 7. Chris was in front of his locker,combing his hair while Samuel lay sprawled on his bed.

     "Hey." Chris waved at me.

"Hey."I chirped, dropping my backpack in my locker.

I had to make a quick dash to the cafeteria to get his chips.

And then in the eve,go visit him.

As known, Connor was now on the same floor as me and in room 10.

You'd have to be a wall to not know where Connor rooms.

Almost everyone in the school including the nuns knew him— because of his infamy.

I was scared of meeting him in his room, not gonna lie, and the fact that we'll be alone too had me imagining things.

But I didn't have a choice because then, he wouldn't give me more time to make up my mind.