Chapter Sixty

Happy last chapter 🖤😪

Sam Lewis 💋🌚

"Be informed, flight 747 to London leaves in thirty minutes. I repeat, flight 747 to London leaves in thirty minutes."a female voice rang through the intercom, reverberating all over the airport.

Auntie smiled at me again, patting my shoulder. "Alright. I'll be taking my leave then."

  "Yes, oh you're gonna be late for your appointment."

"It's fine, I'll figure something out. Be safe out there okay?"

I nodded, covering my palm over her own that rested on my shoulder. "I will."

Ever since she confessed her deeds to my uncle, their relationship had swerved into rocky paths. I don't even want to talk about how shattered he looked when she disclosed all that she had been doing when he was away.

But he hadn't mentioned anything about divorce so I guess... there's hope for them maybe?

Though she had managed to cake her face with doses of makeup, the bags under her eyes were still visible.

"Don't stress too much Auntie."

The corners of her lips curled downwards.

"Hmm. I called it on myself so I have to bear the bitter consequences."

  Honestly.

She sighed, wiping off traces of her sullen look.

"Don't forget to give me a ring when you get to Oxfordshire and do keep in touch with your father okay?"

I nodded quietly, bending to her height as she hugged me.

"I'll see you in like what, when does the semester end?"

    "November."

Auntie made a face.

"That long? Anyway, go enjoy life at Oxford and be sure to keep your GPA at the top like the learn-aholic I know you to be."

I sniggered at that.

"Bye."

"Bye Sam!"she shouted over her shoulders,"remember what I said about bad company?"

I sighed inwardly,"yeah avoid it because they corrupt good manners."

     "That's right!"her loudness departed with her.

Sighing, I turned towards the white Lexus Rx 570, parked not far away.

    "Is she finally gone?"Ivy giggled, leaning on the hood.

"Duh,"I rolled my eyes, glancing around before my brows pinched together.

As if she could read my mind, she smirked.

"Relax girl, your boyfriend just entered McD's, he'll be back soon."

I did my favorite emoji face.

"Who said I wasn't relaxed?"

    "Do I have to be told?"she snorted.

Oh yes, Jordan and I were officially dating.

He asked me to be his girlfriend three weeks ago when we were at Florida and I don't think I'll ever forget that dashing smile he gave when I said YES.

Apparently, his mother readily approved of me and hugged the life out of me for real. We've become good friends as I speak.

Irrespective of Mr. Walterz' sour mood towards me on our first encounter, he also eventually ratified his consent but not before drawing me aside for a strict Q and A, all the while searching for evidence on whether I was in to gold dig his son.