Chapter Nine

Sam Lewis 💫

The annoying sound piercing through the serenity of the dark could only be my alarm. I jolted awake, seizing the phone from under my pillow and turning it off.

I rubbed my eyes, frowning at my surroundings. It came sweeping over me without delay. Noble Boys Academy!– room 7.

Beads of sweat broke on my forehead and beneath my nose as the thumping in my chest mixed with the existing snores in the room.
I purposely set my alarm to twelve midnight since I couldn't afford for the life of me, waking up late. Ivy had talked me into some secrecy tips on how I'd take my bath this and every dawn.

The boys were peacefully asleep with Samuel being the loudest snorer. Guess I could use him as alarm.

I slowly climbed down off the bed and tiptoed to my locker, not risking the slightest of sounds.

I stifled a yawn, grabbing my sponge bag and morning coat, not forgetting my outfit for the day.

I ducked into the pockets of my coat, pushing the sponge bag and folded outfit into it and ghostlily made for the door, hitting a second of contemplation.

Will it make a disturbing noise?

I held my breath, turning the knob as I pushed it open. Creak. I squinched my eyes shut, pausing before pushing it again. Creak creak...creak!

I flinched, looking behind me if it had stirred anyone up.

I released a good amount of air, closing it behind me. A gust of chilly dawn wind blew at me, causing goosebumps all over.

I rubbed my arms emphatically, continuing my tiptoe business.

I didn't think I'd say this but aura of the corridor was eerie. And creepy too with the night owls hooting once awhile.

I bypassed the subsequent rooms, blocking the images of horror movies I've watched from prevailing.

I finally reached the last two rooms on the floor which was the bathhouse and gents respectively.
I leaned my ear against the bathroom door for any sound though I was convinced nobody was possibly in there and pushed it open, locking it behind me after I had stepped in.

I searched for the switch in the darkness and turned it on revealing a very wide room tiled in white with several cubicles and a water supply in each cubicle.
The temperature in the bathhouse was quite warm and less eerie than that of outside.

I positioned at the last cubicle, placing the sponge bag on top of the adjoining wall of my cubicle.

Let's see... the cubicles were arranged in rows. So, twenty to thirty cubicles aligned in the left row and an equal number at the right in that they faced each other. And each cubicle shared a wall with the next beside it so one couldn't see the person bathing at the cubicle next to him because of the tiled wall separating them but will equally see the person facing him on the opposite row.

I don't know if I'm making sense but yo, picture it as it is for bathrooms at boarding schools.

  Quickly, I took off my multiple saggy shirts and pants. Then I took off the Afro, pushing it beneath the sponge bag that was on top of the wall to ensure it didn't get wet.
I didn't forget to put a shower cap over my hair.

Within seconds, I was under the shower, spraying and rubbing myself ( removing both dirt, nervousness and cowardice)

Nerves were only gonna trigger a slip from me and we wouldn't want that.

After the shower, I toweled my skin dry and smeared body lotion before dressing up into the facade again.

I don't know what I would have done to make my chest look flat if not for the tight sports bra I had bought. But all the same, I thank the originator of saggy clothing. Cuz.