Chapter Fifteen

Sam Lewis 💦

    "Oh–uhh yup! It's real,of course,"I managed to say, hoping my voice sounded carefree.

        Then I run.

As far as I could from the guy.

  Yeah go on, call me weird but I run. I couldn't think of any better option.

Initially freezing for a good 2.5 seconds,I was finally able to get those words out and without wasting much time, took to my heels.

I backed away from him amidst screaming"Cooties! Cooties!"(In my disguised voice of course)

The guy, what did he say his name was–aha!, Connor was too dumbfounded by my sudden reaction that he stood rooted to his spot, eyes wide as they followed me with a gaping expression.
He probably be thinking I'mma psycho of some sort.

I didn't have the heart to correct that impression right now. My thoughts were flying with speed.

  Why do people start to find something distinct on me when they observed carefully?!
Do I make things very obvious?

Noo, do I?

Relax Sam,relax...

How can you tell me to relax at this point when I feel like the whole world can see through me! I mentally argued with my subconscious mind.

Your the one making things obvious. It was just a simple straight question he asked you–

How could he ask me such a question,whether my hair was natural? Do boys wear wig to school?

Yeah so you could've just answered straight forward as Yes and then shrug like it's no biggie.

I stopped running to reflect. I... guess my subconscious was right. My actions were rather raising a cause for suspicion. I shouldn't have run impromptu.🤦

Sighing, I allowed my legs to start moving again. It's okay to think I suck in the acting department. Maybe I need to phone Ivy for more tips. She could've handled this better than I was doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Hand me the turmeric powder,"I instructed with my back turned to him as I stirred the contents in the saucepan.

  "Turmeric powder.... what color did you say it was again?"Samuel asked.

    "Golden yellow. Yeah that one."

Samuel did a fist pump in the air before handing it to me.

I shook my head, spooning some of the powder into the heated oil with onions. It was a quarter to six and Samuel and I had decided to prepare some turmeric rice for supper since the cafeteria was full to the brim when we got there. It'd take years for that queue to thin out.

The first and second year students used cafeteria A while the senior years used B.
And them second year students used this as an opportunity to be intimidating us, budging unreligiously into the queue.

Samuel and I thought it wise to rather prepare our own food and dine here.

Even Chris was here with us.

  "Mm I can't wait to taste that,man,"Chris bumped his shoulder into mine, sniffing the air."How do you do it,Sam?"

I chuckled, shrugging as I turned to wash the rice at the sink.

"I try. Cooking is one of my favorite activities too so."

  "Don't forget he has a sister. She probably taught him."